Mustang Parnelli Jones 302
213 Actual Mile Saleen Parnelli Jones 302 5 Speed #347
- #347 of 500
- 213 actual miles
- 400hp/302cid V8
- Tremec 5-speed
- 8.8 inch / 3.73 gears
- 19 inch aluminum wheels
The biggest name in hot rod Mustangs for the past 20 years was Saleen Incorporated. By offering limited edition, high performance turnkey sports cars, Steve Saleen took his company from a garage bay tuner to a highly respected OEM level manufacturer. And as one of only 500 cars produced to honor legendary Indianapolis 500 winner Parnelli Jones, this spotless 2007 Parnelli Jones 302 is perhaps his coolest creation. Painted in Grabber Orange, outfitted with one of the most complete and cohesive performance packages ever produced, and showing a mere 213 miles, this 2007 Saleen is quite possibly the last essentially new car of its kind. If you're a savvy car collector who's looking for a red hot future collectible that's an absolute thrill to drive, here's your chance!
The car's original dealership sticker is still adhered to its passenger's side window and lists the following Saleen equipment:
SALEEN BASE COMPONENTS:
* Saleen/Parnelli Jones high compression 3-valve 5.0 liter 302 cubic inch V8 with 400hp and 390lb./ft. of torque
* Saleen PowerFlash performance calibration
* Saleen 2.5 inch performance dual exhaust with dual stainless steel tips
* Saleen power pulleys and SFI approved damper
* Saleen design shaker hood with hi-flow inlet tube, air box cover and Saleen performance air filter
* Saleen forged aluminum pistons
* Saleen forged steel connecting rods
* Saleen ported aluminum cylinder heads with performance springs
* Saleen performance camshaft
* Saleen 5-speed manual transmission with Saleen close ratio shifter
* Saleen lightweight aluminum flywheel
* Saleen 8.8 inch differential with 3.73 gears
* Limited Edition exclusive Grabber Orange paint with black hood stripe, black side stripe and black decklid
* Limited Edition injection molded TPO front fascia with race inspired air dam
* Limited Edition hood pins
* Limited Edition chrome trim front and rear
* Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition injection molded TPO side skirts
* Limited Edition injection molded TPO rear fascia
* Limited Edition injection molded TPO quarter window panels
* Limited Edition “1970” replica wing
* Limited Edition rear window sports slats
* Racing inspired billet aluminum fuel door
* Limited Edition reusable static cling race and name decals
* Limited Edition badging
* Limited Edition “1970” championship wreath
* Saleen design aluminum shaker hood
* Saleen integrated front turn signals
* Saleen design center rear body panel
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION:
* Saleen Racecraft suspension system
* Saleen specific-rate front and rear springs
* Macpherson strut with lower control arm
* Saleen front struts with Saleen linear-rate coil over springs
* Front 1.38 inch tubular stabilizer (anti-roll bar) with urethane pivot bushings
* Rear .945 inch stabilizer (anti-roll) bar
* Specifically calibrated suspension settings
* Three link live rear axle plus Saleen Competition Watt's Link
* Direct-acting linear rate coil springs and N2 shocks
* Saleen 14 inch slotted and vented front disc brake system with Saleen 4 piston calipers
WHEELS AND TIRES:
* 19 inch Saleen Mini-lite inspired aluminum wheels with Limited Edition center caps
* Pirelli extreme performance tires
* Saleen tire pressure monitoring system
* Saleen valve stem caps
* Limited Edition orange and black leather sports seats with badging
* Limited Edition instrument cluster with 180 MPH black faced gauges
* Limited Edition gauge pod with oil pressure and temp gauge
* Limited Edition floor mats, shift knob, steering wheel emblem and sill plates
* Limited Edition performance driving pedals
* Limited Edition graphics, badging and serialized number
* Limited Edition console plaque and serialized engine bay plaque
* Saleen/Parnelli Jones key fob and Saleen Eagle One detail kit
* Original signatures on center dash panel
SALEEN MSRP: $60,565
According to Steve Saleen, the Parnelli Jones 302 was designed to capture the raw, aggressive attitude with which Parnelli raced; therefore, you could order any color car you wanted so long as it was Grabber Orange. Naturally, since this is an essentially new car, the paint looks simply amazing and has barely even seen sunlight, much less rain or inclement weather. Get up close to the panels and you'll find a sea of pristine, wet looking orange paint that doesn't display any of the buff marks, blemishes and haze that are typical of even expertly detailed show cars. Fit and finish is exceptional, thanks to the largely hand-built nature of the custom Saleen add-ons. And despite performing everyday tasks as flawlessly as a stock Mustang, the car has been completely re-envisioned to incorporate many subtle tweaks which recall the glory days of Trans Am racing.
To create that road ready, Trans Am racer appearance, Saleen equipped the Parnelli Jones 302 with every cosmetic trick in their book. At the front of the car, a re-designed front bumper cover hangs a chrome-trimmed grille and injection molded headlight dividers above a black serial number and racing-style air dam. Behind that bumper, a black-striped, and fully functional, shaker hood holds race-derived pins in front of excellent looking satin finished “S302” emblems. At the sides of the car, ornamentation is kept to a minimum with black 302 side stripes and a "SALEEN" branded billet racing style gas cap. Static cling door roundels, featuring Parnelli's legendary number 15, are provided, but not currently installed. And Ford's classic Mustang profile is augmented by aggressive Saleen side skirts and throwback C-pillar vents which recall classic Shelbys of the 1960s. At the back of the car, a louvered, satin black rear window visor sits above a traditional Saleen championship decal, and a satin black trunk deck props a clean '70 Boss replica wing. Below that wing, a custom, chrome-trimmed rear valence displays both a custom Saleen Parnelli Jones emblem and a traditional Ford emblem, and a custom rear bumper weaves a black splitter around pristine stainless exhaust tips.
Lift Parnelli Jones #347's custom shaker hood and you'll find a crisp new 302 cubic inch Saleen built SOHC three valve V8 which produces an SAE certified 400 horsepower and 390 lb./ft. of torque. Equipped with a high compression, high revving valve train, this blue printed small block V8 utilizes a lightweight aluminum flywheel, a Saleen spec forged and internally balanced American crank, forged 4340 H-beam American rods, forged pistons, hand ported heads, Saleen spec Comp Cams with matching valve springs, Saleen spec variable cam timing and a Saleen PowerFlash tune to provide thrilling acceleration all the way up to its 7000 RPM redline. The hand assembled block sees a bump in displacement thanks to an increased stroke and little details like bore honing, a billet harmonic balancer, Saleen pulleys, new cylinder head bolts and Fel-Pro gaskets ensure the OEM reliability that goes hand in hand with a new car. What that means for you is a rocket-like sprint to triple digit speeds from an engine that never seems to feel like it's out of breath. And, like the legendary Trans Am Fords it honors, this car doesn't carry the imbalanced weight and mechanical stigma of having a big engine shoehorned into a tight engine bay. The pristine small block fits naturally between the car's glossy Grabber Orange fenders and presents a factory fresh appearance with no grease or renegade fluids anywhere to be found. It's exceptionally clean, nothing is out of place and there is absolutely no dirt or other signs of wear and tear.
In keeping with both Steve Saleen and Parnelli Jones race ancestry, this limited edition Mustang was designed utilizing Saleen's own precision suspension. The all new, yet classic Watts-Link suspension is derived from racing and performance applications, and offers the purest race handling found in any OEM street car. Behind small block engine, a rugged Tremec 5-speed manual transmission drives a tall 3.73 rear end, which makes for some spectacular wheel spin in first and second gear, and astounding acceleration when you get the launch just right. Years ago, Saleens were criticized for their harsh ride, but those days are long gone. Taking advantage of the new Mustang's more rigid Macpherson front and 3-link rear chassis, Saleen engineers carefully chose springs, shocks, and sway bars that improve responsiveness without sacrificing ride quality. In fact, this may be the greatest improvement granted by the new Mustang platform: the ability to corner and handle like a thoroughbred without the hammering of previous performance suspensions. Exhaust is expelled through a traditional Saleen stainless steel system that provides their legacy low resonating sound. And braking is handled by “SALEEN” branded four piston front calipers which clamp large slotted rotors and OEM Ford rear calipers which squeeze original factory rotors. At the corners, 19 inch Mini-lite style racing wheels feature cool Saleen/Parnelli Jones center caps and wear red labeled 275/35 front and 275/40 rear Pirelli P-Zero performance radials.
Inside, Saleen makes the Ford interior its own with leather upholstery and plenty of signage. The new leather seats have been fitted with bright Grabber Orange inserts, orange stitching and centered Parnelli Jones emblems. And the ornate Mustang dash houses a Saleen vintage instrumentation panel which displays “Saleen Parnelli Jones Edition” scripts among white letters on black backgrounds. At the center of the dash, an integrated twin-gauge pod which displays oil pressure and temperature sits above both Steve Saleen and Parnelli Jones autographs. In front of the driver, a traditional Mustang steering wheel has been fitted with a “Saleen Parnelli Jones Edition” emblem. And in front of the passengers, Parnelli Jones, Steve Saleen and Bud Moore autographs ride above the car's serialized Limited Edition dash plaque. Between the seats, a traditional Ford console holds a Saleen Quick Shifter that's complete with a custom satin finished Parnelli Jones shift knob. And above the seats, a tight headliner is stretched above visors which are still sealed in their factory plastic. Of course all the usual power windows, locks, and other Mustang GT items are on hand, and a slick set of clean Saleen sill plates welcome passengers to the showroom-new interior.
Included with this sale is the car's original, pristine window sticker, all of its original books and manuals, its original floor mats (which are still in plastic) its original air compressor (also still in plastic) and an original, unopened Eagle One detailing kit.
With Saleen now relegated to memory, many feel their 2007 cars will be highly sought after by collectors now, and in the future. This Parnelli Jones 302 is the ultimate Saleen when it comes to total driving experience, and with only 213 miles of drive time, it's an essentially brand new piece of Mustang and Saleen history. Don't miss this opportunity to acquire what may very well be the coolest Mustang ever built!
You May Also Be Interested In
Mustang Boss 302$89,900
What Customers Are Saying
Some large branded car dealers could learn a lot from you guys on how to treat a customer and close the deal without the painful game that follows when you are just trying to buy a vehicle. Finally, a special thanks to you for priority you placed on closing this deal in record time. also a thanks out to Greg Smith for taking the lead on getting the truck to my location. he also is very good a making it happen versus just talking about what could happen.
Most of my car friends know about RK Motors and the high level of vehicles you offer at much less than anyone could build the same vehicle. going forward I will promote that the people & process are at the same level as the vehicles that RK Motors offers.