Corvette Sting Ray
Triple Crown Winning Lynndale Blue Corvette Sting Ray Coupe 427 V8 4 Speed
- Original 427 cubic inch L36 V8
- Original Muncie 4-speed manual transmission
- 3.08:1 Posi-traction rear axle
- 4-wheel disc brakes
- Correct Lynndale Blue paint
- Correct Dark Blue leather interior
- Fully documented
- Multiple NCRS Top Flight awards / Chevy/Vettefest Gold Spinner Award
- Bloomington Gold certified / Listed in the Triple Crown Registry
When it comes to sports cars, not many words inspire the same level of lust as “Corvette”. Nearly every Corvette ever created has been a highly unique offering that pushed the limits of style and performance. Think about it; this is a marque that followed lightweight fiberglass roadsters with standard V8 power and potent big block street slayers… It followed Lotus-tuned ZR-1s with an exclusive, modern Grand Sport and proper revival of the track-focused Z06… Then it followed supercharged 'blue devils' with a "brutal 427 Convertible":http://www.rkmotors.com/sales/inventory/active#!/2013-Chevrolet-Corvette-427/135365 a third, world-beating Stingray and the insane Z06/Z07! I mean, where else can you find world-class American performance that's loud, proud and ready to lay waste to pretty much any Old World exotic? That purity is exactly why classics like this fully documented, Triple Crown-winning Sting Ray are so collectible. Pairing a professional restoration and numbers-matching, big block drivetrain with top honors from Bloomington, NCRS and Chevy/Vettefest, this coupe is a correct, blue chip showstopper that'll hold its own next to the finest metal on the planet!
Unlike other sports cars, which shall remain nameless, all Corvettes are NOT red. And that's a very good thing because if they were, we'd be missing out on sublime colors like this slick Sting Ray's correct Lynndale Blue 2-stage. That glossy hue is especially smooth thanks to a first-rate restoration, which teased the car's appearance to something very close to what it originally presented at Syracuse, New York's Salina Motors. Naturally, there's a full round of factory bolt-ons, like Soft Ray glass and a requisite Stinger Hood, which have been either fully restored or accurately reproduced. And today, this coupe rolls as one top-notch C2 that's perfectly worthy of exceptional design, world beating performance and a distinguished spot in the coveted Triple Crown Registry.
What's better than a correctly restored Corvette that's won multiple national awards? A correctly restored, numbers-matching Corvette that's won multiple national awards! Tilt the car's hood and you'll find an original L36 big block that frames a correct “IL” suffix stamp and matching partial VIN in a '67-exclusive 3904351 casting number and January (A) 23rd (23), 1967 (7) casting date. At the top of the Chevy Orange 427, a familiar Holley carburetor rides between a chrome, correctly decaled air cleaner and bright stainless fluid lines. Below that carburetor, a stock Chevrolet intake funnels a perfect air/fuel mixture in to tough, cast iron heads, which wear traditional steel valve covers. When the juice hits the cylinders, reliable, chrome-capped ignition sparks fresh, stainless-sleeved wires while a stock cam and rotating assembly push spent gases through factory exhaust manifolds. Cooling for that fire is provided by a beefy radiator, which hangs in front of pliable GM hoses and reproduction tower clamps. And, aesthetically, this Chevy's tidy engine compartment is exceptionally well done, framing a correct alternator, rebuilt master cylinder and reproduction Delco battery in bright decals, bright inspection marks and clean, Satin Black fenders.
Not surprisingly, someone spent a lot of time carefully restoring the bottom of this exclusive Vette. Behind the awesome big block, a familiar Muncie 4-speed sports a correct 3885010 casting number, a Muncie (P) assembled on February (B) 28th (28), 1967 (7) build stamp and a matching partial VIN. That tough transmission twists a stout, 3.08:1 posi-traction rear end that's fitted with highway-friendly gears. Turns come courtesy of an old school manual steering rack. Four disc brakes provide solid, confident stops. Factory replacement exhaust funnels spent gases through baritone turbo mufflers. Solid, unvarnished floors perfectly complement a straight, Satin Black chassis. And all that reliable hardware rolls on conservative Rally Wheels that spin 7.75-15 Firestone Deluxe Champion redlines around stainless trim rings and polished center caps.
Crack this C2's cockpit and you'll find a correct Dark Blue interior that appears to have been completely replaced during the car's extensive rebirth. Seating comes courtesy of correct leather thrones, which are anchored between fresh seatbelts, bright stainless trim and a small console that's centered on a fully functional shifter. From the driver's perch, a traditional clock and Delco AM/FM radio ride between rebuilt gauges and an aluminum-trimmed glove box. Below that dash, like-new carpet balances translucent floor mats between fresh stainless sills. Above those sills, chrome-trimmed door panels hang monochromatic accents between small armrests and traditional handles. In front of the driver, a satin-spoke steering wheel laps a brilliant cross-flag emblem. And behind the passengers, a fully carpeted storage compartment provides a reasonable amount of cargo space.
Since this Sting Ray is a fully documented Triple Crown winner, there's no questioning the authenticity of its restoration. Here's a quick look at the car's VIN and Trim Tag:
* 1: Chevrolet Motor Division
* 9: Corvette
* 4: V8
* 37: Coupe
* 7: 1967 model year
* S: Assembled at GM's St. Louis, Missouri manufacturing facility
* XXXXXX: Production Sequence Number
* H09: Assembled on March 9th, 1967
* 67: 1967 model year
* 437: Coupe
* S4124: 4,124th 1967 Corvette coupe assembled at GM's St Louis manufacturing facility
* 419: Dark Blue leather interior
* AA: Base unit not equipped with: power windows/headrests/shoulder harnesses/Powerglide
* 977AA: Lynndale Blue exterior paint
Here's a short list of this coupe's roster of prestigious awards.
* NCRS Chapter Top Flight (2007)
* NCRS Regional Second Flight (2008)
* NCRS Regional Top Flight (2008)
* Bloomington Gold Certification (2008)
* Chevy/Vettefest Gold Spinner (2008)
* Triple Crown Award (2008)
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* An original Tank Sticker
* An Owner's Manual
* Factory literature
* A Warranty Booklet
* A few restoration receipts
* An NCRS Shipping Data Report
* An NCRS Confirmation Of Existence Of Judging Awards letter
* The car's NCRS Regional Top Flight judging sheets
* The car's NCRS Regional Top Flight ribbon
* The car's NCRS Regional Top Flight certificate
* The car's Bloomington judging sheets
* The car's Bloomington Gold Certification
* The car's Chevy/Vettefest judging sheets
* The car's Chevy/Vettefest Gold Spinner certificate
* The car's Triple Crown certificate
* A large display board
Second generation Corvettes are about as collectible as '60s muscle can get. They're spectacular cars to drive and, thanks to an awesome fanbase that rewards accuracy and consistency, they remain top-notch performers that continue to hold their value exceptionally well. When you show up at an event with a Triple Crown Vette, you are well and truly the man. And when the time comes to make a little profit, there will always be more buyers than sellers. Looking for a storied classic that you can show with pride or keep for a while and make a nice return on? Your search is officially over!
* Multiple NCRS Top Flight awards / Bloomington Gold certified
* Chevy/Vettefest Gold Spinner Award / Listed in the Triple Crown Registry
* Original 427 cubic inch L36 V8
* Original Muncie 4-speed manual transmission
* Correct Lynndale Blue paint
* Correct Dark Blue leather interior
* Sale includes: Original Tank Sticker / NCRS Shipping Data Report / Triple Crown provenance
* Sale includes: NCRS provenance / Bloomington provenance / Chevy/Vettefest provenance
* 3.08:1 Posi-traction rear axle
* 4-wheel disc brakes
You May Also Be Interested In
Corvette 35th Anniversary$35,900
Corvette Sting Ray$84,900
Corvette Sting Ray$119,900
What Customers Are Saying
Some large branded car dealers could learn a lot from you guys on how to treat a customer and close the deal without the painful game that follows when you are just trying to buy a vehicle. Finally, a special thanks to you for priority you placed on closing this deal in record time. also a thanks out to Greg Smith for taking the lead on getting the truck to my location. he also is very good a making it happen versus just talking about what could happen.
Most of my car friends know about RK Motors and the high level of vehicles you offer at much less than anyone could build the same vehicle. going forward I will promote that the people & process are at the same level as the vehicles that RK Motors offers.