571 Actual Mile Shelby GTS Wide Body Prototype EFI Supercharged 5.0L Coyote V8
- 5.0 liter Coyote V8 / Polished Ford Racing supercharger / 616 dyno-proven horsepower
- Borla cat-back exhaust
- TR6060 6-speed manual transmission / Shelby twin-disc DYAD clutch
- Shelby Torsen posi-trac differential
- Upgraded SVT-tuned suspension / Factory power steering / Shelby/Wilwood 4-wheel power disc brakes
- 20-inch forged Shelby wheels / Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires sized 255/35 front and 345/30 rear
- Shelby GTS bodywork / Shelby Wide Body Kit
- Grabber Blue paint
- Shelby-themed leather interior / Factory air conditioning / Factory Shaker audio
- Fully documented 1-owner Shelby prototype that's logged only 571 miles
Every once in a while, we all have to do a bit of Spring cleaning. Pretty much every enthusiast remembers when the GM Heritage Center decided to cull its 1,000 plus car collection by roughly 25%. Less memorable perhaps is the 2014 relocation of Shelby American and the subsequent downsizing of that company's collection. Simply put: Shelby moved its operations into a smaller building and decided to sell a number of show cars to dedicated enthusiasts. That's how one enterprising gearhead ended up with this killer GTS Wide Body Prototype. Backing supercharged Coyote power with six forward gears, this spotless coupe takes everything great about premium pony car performance and wraps it in the first application of Shelby wide body aesthetics for the 2010-era Mustang. If you enjoy unique collector cars that mix incredible provenance with unmatched exclusivity, you're looking at your next classic!
Stretching glossy Grabber Blue 2-stage between clean racing stripes, sculpted sheetmetal and sinister Shelby call-outs, this spotless Mustang has obviously seen meticulous care since new. Like most of our low-mileage, factory-fresh pieces, its body presents as new in every conceivable way. That body's shiny, wet-look panels are 100% straight with no history of accidents or damage of any kind. And a close look down the car's muscular fuselage reveals hand-tailored finishing that's considered world-class by any standard.
Like most Shelby bolt-ons, the firm's Wide Body Kit is meant to turn Ford's definition of good into the enthusiast's definition of great. At the front of this mean mare, a patent GTS valance hangs a billet, Mustang-branded grille between clear halogen headlamps. At the top of that grille, an aggressive GTS hood flows to color-keyed mirrors and chip-free glass. At the sides of that hood, 3-inch widened fenders hang traditional “POWERED BY FORD” emblems above remodeled, color-keyed rockers. At the back of those rockers, 6-inch widened quarters host a Shelby billet fuel filler. And at the back of the car, a custom valance founds factory Ford taillights between bold trunk lettering, a GTS faux fuel filler and polished Shelby exhaust tips.
Creating 616 dyno-proven horsepower thanks to a smooth Coyote V8 and polished Ford Racing supercharger, this exclusive tuner car turns “scary fast” into “white-knuckle tight”. That polished whipple makes good use of traditional cold air induction, which marries a clean, reusable filter element with a slick carbon fiber oxygen tube. At the sides of the engine, subtle “POWERED BY FORD” coil covers reflect fresh Shelby headers. Aesthetically, the spotless mill features a typical OEM-level appearance that's complemented by an array of Shelby caps and fluid reservoirs. And when you twist the eager engine's key, you become the lead composer of a veritable orchestra of sinister whines and octane-fueled roars!
As most performance car fans already know, this Mustang's SVT-tuned suspension is nothing short of excellent. And with a few choice bolt-ons, it transforms into a track-ready beast. The upgrades begin with sturdy Shelby subframe connectors and progress to beefy rear springs, a thick rear sway bar and tough Shelby control arms. A slick-shifting Tremec TR6060 6-speed hangs a Shelby twin-disc DYAD clutch above a trick Shelby cooler. That clutch kicks a familiar Ford axle, which hides a Shelby Torsen differential behind a cool Ford Racing inspection cover. At the corners of the car, Shelby/Wilwood calipers squeeze drilled and slotted rotors behind requisite Shelby brake ducts. Turns come courtesy of Ford's super-efficient power-assisted steering. Exhaust flows through large-diameter pipes to an X-shaped crossover and rowdy Borla mufflers. And all that first class agility rolls on forged Shelby wheels, which spin 255/35ZR20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports in front of 345/30ZR20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
Behind the doors, French-stitched seats found “GTS” branded hides on heavy bolstering and factory power adjustment for the car's driver. The dash is a familiar Mustang layout that hangs slick satin trim between Auto Meter pillar gauges and retro instrumentation. Below that instrumentation, a crisp Shaker stereo provides sonic entertainment. Below that stereo, a sequential Shelby plaque leads a short-throw shifter that's embedded in a clean console. Beneath that console, rich carpet flows past metal-trimmed foot pedals to clean Mustang sill plates and chiseled door panels. In front of the driver, a stitched and trimmed steering wheel features convenient thumb buttons for audio, Bluetooth and standard Cruise Control. And naturally, all the luxuries you'd expect in high dollar modern muscle are ready and waiting including: power windows, power door locks, power mirrors and Remote Keyless Entry.
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* The car's original Shelby titles
* The car's original Shelby sales ad
* Receipts for the car's Shelby-installed upgrades
* The car's official Shelby dyno results
* Two sets of keys
* Shelby floor mats
* A Shelby trunk mat
* An SCT X4 tuner
Whether you're an avid Ford enthusiast, or just a red-blooded car buff who enjoys unique metal, you simply can't deny the amount of conversation this Mustang generates. How cool would it be to own a world-class Shelby that, in addition to being a storied original, sits at the pinnacle of modern performance? Call your friends at RK Motors Charlotte and find out!
* 1-owner Shelby prototype that's logged only 571 miles
* 5.0 liter Coyote V8 / Polished Ford Racing supercharger / 616 dyno-proven horsepower
* Tremec TR6060 6-speed manual transmission / Shelby twin-disc DYAD clutch
* Shelby GTS bodywork / Shelby Wide Body Kit
* Sale includes: Original Shelby titles / Original Shelby sales ad / Receipts for Shelby upgrades / Official Shelby dyno results
* Upgraded SVT-tuned suspension / Shelby/Wilwood 4-wheel power disc brakes
* Shelby Torsen posi-trac differential / Factory power steering / Borla cat-back exhaust
* 20-inch forged Shelby wheels / Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires sized 255/35 front and 345/30 rear
* Shelby-themed leather interior / Factory air conditioning / Factory Shaker audio
* Grabber Blue paint