Firebird Firehawk NHRA Special Edition
9,056 Actual Mile Two Owner Trans Am Firehawk NHRA Edition LS1 V8 6 Speed PS A/C
- 5.7 liter GM LS1 V8 / 345 horsepower
- Borg Warner T56 6-speed manual transmission
- 10-bolt rear axle / Posi-traction differential / 3.42 gears
- Factory power steering / Factory 4-wheel power disc brakes
- 17-inch SLP wheels / Original Firestone Firehawk tires
- Original Black paint / Correct SLP and NHRA cosmetics
- Original Ebony leather interior / Factory air conditioning / Optional Monsoon audio
- 2-owner car that's logged only 9,056 miles
- 1 of only 501 Trans Am Firehawks produced in 2002
- Sale includes: A copy of the car's original Dealer Invoice / Paperwork for the car's NHRA Package
* 2-owner car that's logged only 9,056 miles
* 5.7 liter GM LS1 V8 / 345 horsepower
* Borg Warner T56 6-speed manual transmission
* Original Black paint / Correct SLP and NHRA cosmetics
* Original Ebony leather interior / Factory air conditioning / Optional Monsoon audio
* 17-inch SLP wheels / Original Firestone Firehawk tires
* Sale includes: A copy of the car's original Dealer Invoice / Paperwork for the car's NHRA Package
* 10-bolt rear axle / Posi-traction differential / 3.42 gears
* Factory power steering / Factory 4-wheel power disc brakes
* 1 of only 501 Trans Am Firehawks produced in 2002
I'm certain the day will come when future enthusiasts refer to the early part of the 21st century as the golden age of simplistic performance. Gas was cheap, technology made quick cars easy to build, and about the only thing that mattered was getting to the next stoplight faster than the guy beside you. From 260 horsepower front-wheel-drive econoboxes to 605 horsepower 4-door Autobahn assassins, it truly was one of the best times to be a car enthusiast. And, fortunately, low-mileage muscle like this 2-owner, SLP-tweaked Trans Am allows a few lucky car guys to hang onto those days just a little bit longer. Immaculately maintained and rarely driven, this final-year F-Body wraps a top option LS1/6-speed drivetrain in a slick black-on-black color combination. Equipped with sinister aesthetics, it's believed to be 1 of only 534 2002 Trans Ams christened with GM's long-running NHRA appearance package. And, as 1 of only 501 2002 Trans Ams upgraded to Firehawk status, it's as quick as it is unique. Want some modern, top-of-the-line muscle that has showroom-fresh appeal, but skips the inflated window sticker? This sweet F4 is the bargain you've been waiting for!
As you can tell from our high resolution photography, this imposing Trans Am is a garage-kept cruiser that, according to its current owner, has never seen any inclement weather. Residing in the care of two passionate gearheads since new, the car is 100% straight, with no history of accidents or damage of any kind. High quality paint and bodywork from Troy, Michigan's SLP Engineering blends perfectly with tight and glossy panels from GM's St. Therese, Quebec assembly plant. A dealer-installed NHRA Package adds NHRA-themed emblems under special Pontiac Racing call-outs. And overall, this Poncho is one clean, lust-worthy classic that looks great idling across the show field OR hammering down the highway!
Cosmetic appeal aside, this Trans Am is, first and foremost, a high performance street machine. Lift the functional, SLP-exclusive hood and you'll find a potent Generation III small block that's the forerunner to virtually all the technology still featured in GM sports cars. Utilizing an aluminum block and heads, flat-top pistons and coil near plug ignition, that efficient, overhead valve LS1 twists 345 horsepower into 350 lb./ft. of Kansas-flat torque. Mechanically, the mill presents a spotless, like-new appearance, with the engine compartment looking almost exactly as it did when the car rolled out of Timbrook Pontiac's showroom almost 14 years ago. As a rule, LS blocks are super stout pieces that are virtually indestructible. And, while we know this coupe has been babied, you're probably not going to break a fourth generation F-Body. Twist the key and the cylinders rumble to life, sending rhythmic notes from an SLP Blackwing air box to low-restriction exhaust pipes. Goose the throttle and the engine smoothly zings toward redline. And, when given enough room, this Poncho's effortless power will really begin to show itself!
Take a look under this 'bird and spotless floors, clean hardware and fresh factory equipment make it clear the car's previous owners were absolutely meticulous about maintenance. In 2002, a vast majority of Firehawks were equipped with engaging 6-speeds, and this coupe is no exception. Behind that gearbox, a 10-bolt, posi-traction rear end spins standard, 3.42 gears. Braking is provided by four power-assisted discs, which have been upfitted with standard anti-lock technology. Exhaust flows through low-restriction pipes and polished stainless tips. And at the corners of the car, 17-inch, Firehawk-spec wheels are mounted to original 275/40 Firestone Firehawk tires. Unlike Trans Ams of the past, the fourth generation has the hardware to maximize all of its power thanks to a performance-tuned double A-arm front and 3-link rear suspension. And proven technology, like Acceleration Slip Regulation and a standard power steering cooler, ensure performance is smooth and effortless.
Inside the car, fresh bucket seats adjust electronically and fit like a glove, while a leather-clad steering wheel sports convenient thumb controls for an awesome Monsoon sound system. The instrument panel is a requisite red Pontiac layout that positions a small Driver Information Center next to a large tachometer and sweeping speedometer. Between the seats, an optional Hurst shifter rides in a Firehawk-branded console. All that content is framed in clean Firehawk floor mats and awesome GM T-tops. And naturally, all the luxuries you'd expect in a modern car are present and accounted for including: power windows, power door locks, power mirrors and Remote Keyless Entry that's complete with GM's PASSkey theft deterrent system. It's always hard to describe a car that's essentially new in every way. So I'll just sum this Trans Am up by saying that everything is in impeccable working order, from the optional cruise control all the way to the ice cold air conditioning.
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* A copy of the car's original Dealer Invoice
* A receipt and paperwork for the car's dealer-installed NHRA Package
* Miscellaneous factory paperwork
* The car's original Owner's Manual
* The car's original Warranty Booklet
* The car's original Firehawk Owner's Manual Supplement
* A pair of T-top sun shades
* Two sets of keys
Looking back on the long history of the F-Body, there's little doubt that this impressive Trans Am is one of the fastest, best-handling and most enjoyable sports cars of all time. It exhibits the best of everything from one of the last authentic pony cars, and it's the perfect fit for any serious collector who loves showroom-fresh muscle. Buy the car and stash it away for a few decades… Or take it out and enjoy every second of one of the best eras of automotive performance!