Corvette Sting Ray
Documented NCRS Top Flight Corvette Sting Ray Roadster 327/350 HP L79 V8 4 Speed
- Correct 327 cubic inch Chevrolet V8
- Correct Muncie 4-speed manual transmission
- Correct posi-traction rear axle
- Correct 4-wheel disc brakes
- Authentic Kelsey Hayes knock-off wheels
- Correct Milano Maroon paint / Black vinyl top
- Correct Standard interior / Factory air conditioning / Factory power windows
- Ground-up rotisserie restoration completed in 2004
- NCRS Top Flight Chapter Award (2004) / NCRS Top Flight Regional Award (2005)
- Sale includes: Restoration photos / Restoration receipts / NCRS judging sheets / NCRS awards
If you're a Chevrolet aficionado, it doesn't get much better than owning a second generation Corvette. That's because, regardless of year, C2 Corvettes are highly desirable collectables that continue to be some of the most sought after cars on the planet. And this pristine roadster, a rotisserie restored Top Flight winner, is a perfect example of why. With a hot 327/4-speed drivetrain and classy maroon on black aesthetics, it's an excellent example of Golden Age Americana. And, if you're looking for a unique classic that you can drive, show off and watch appreciate, it's the fully sorted head turner you've been patiently waiting for!
A 2-time NCRS Top Flight Award winner, this correctly restored Vette mixes a number of unique options with an impressive restoration that, according to the car's previous owner, utilized many NOS and original components. Conducted in 2004, that ground-up, rotisserie reboot complemented the car's lightweight fiberglass body with new fenders, new quarters and a new rear fascia. Once those cosmetic semantics were complete, a detailed sanding phase ensured that newly solid fuselage was teased into a show stopping profile. And when that fine tuning was finished, correct Milano Maroon base was sealed in glossy clear and buffed to a fantastic, wet-looking shine.
The first generation Sting Ray catapulted Corvette in to the modern realm, instantly solidifying the marque as a dream car among most automotive enthusiasts. Some even joked that the so-called 'mid-year vettes' made car people out of regular folks. And one look at this roadster's silky Milano Maroon aesthetics, the second most popular color for the 1966 model year, is sure to make even the most jaded Shared Mobility advocates stop and take notice. At the front of the car, bullet-style marker lights, show worthy bumpers, and a red, white and black cross-flag emblem cage a stainless egg crate grille. Behind that grille, a new-for-1966 “Corvette STING RAY” emblem adorns a sculpted, small block-exclusive hood. At the sides of that hood, traditional door handles and simple heat extractors ride between ornate fender emblems, dent-free rocker trim and an optional power antenna. Opposite that antenna, a chrome bowtie mirror reflects fresh stainless trim, which traces factory-tint glass under correct Black vinyl. And behind that vinyl, 2-tone taillights illuminate a chrome-trimmed fuel filler and second “Corvette STING RAY” emblem above a chrome-trimmed tag bracket, two more show worthy bumpers and stainless exhaust pipes.
It's hard not to notice something topless, especially if it's a second generation Corvette. And this roadster's spry, 327 cubic inch V8 will ensure the car is both seen AND heard! At the top of the mean mill, a polished air cleaner funnels wind in to a big Holley carburetor that's threaded onto fresh stainless fuel lines. Below that juice box, a Winters aluminum intake perfectly complements finned Corvette valve covers. At the back of that intake, chrome-cased ignition shoots spark past correct exhaust manifolds via stainless-sleeved wires. And at the front of those manifolds, a Harrison-branded radiator circulates water through pliable GM hoses and authentic tower clamps. During the car's extensive restoration, the sweet small block was carefully rebuilt to full NCRS standards by Van Steel of Clearwater, Florida. As expected, correct textures, decals, and Satin Black and Chevy Orange paint complement a correct 3858174 casting number and matching partial VIN. And details like rare smog equipment, vintage Frigidaire AC components and a tagged Delco battery ensure this Chevy shows every bit as good as it runs.
Not surprisingly, the bottom of this pavement-pounding Vette is solid, clean and ready to roll. Behind the 327, a tough Muncie 4-speed hangs a correct 3885010 casting number, a Muncie (P) assembled on June (06), 27th (27) assembly stamp and a matching partial VIN in front of a correct, posi-traction rear end. Turns come courtesy of traditional manual steering. A full assortment of disc brakes provides solid, confident stops. Impressive, true-dual exhaust funnels spent gases through throaty turbo mufflers. The car's clean, unfinished floors perfectly complement a straight, Satin Black chassis. And all that reliable hardware rolls on authentic Kelsey Hayes knock-offs, which spin 7.75-15 Firestone Deluxe Champion blackwalls around bright chrome spinners.
Open this C2's glossy doors and you'll find a correct Black interior that appears to have been completely replaced during the car's extensive rebirth. Seating comes courtesy of firm vinyl thrones, which are anchored between fresh lap belts, bright stainless trim and a small console that's centered on a fully functional shifter. From the driver's perch, rare factory climate control and a Delco AM/FM radio ride between rebuilt gauges, a rebuilt clock and an aluminum-trimmed glove box. Below that dash, like-new carpet balances translucent floor mats between fresh chrome sills. Above those sills, stainless-trimmed door panels front factory power windows with small armrests and monochromatic cove accents. In front of the driver, a Teak steering wheel spins elegant spokes and a patriotic horn around a telescoping column. And behind the passengers, a fully carpeted storage compartment boasts enough room for two suitcases and a bag of detailing supplies.
For the sake of reference, here's a detailed look at this Sting Ray's VIN and Trim Tag:
* 1: Chevrolet Motor Division
* 94: Corvette
* 67: Convertible
* 6: 1966 model year
* S: Assembled at GM's St. Louis, Missouri manufacturing facility
* XXXXXX: Production Sequence Number
* K06: Assembled on July 6th, 1966
* 66: 1966 model year
* 467: Convertible
* S8264: 8,264th 1966 Corvette convertible assembled at GM's St Louis manufacturing facility
* STD: Black vinyl interior
* 988AA: Milano Maroon exterior paint
* NCRS Chapter Top Flight
* -- Florida Chapter Fall Meet
* -- November 6, 2004
* NCRS Regional Top Flight
* -- NCRS 27th Annual Winter Regional Meet
* -- January 19-22, 2005
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* A vintage Owner's Guide
* Factory accessory literature
* A vintage accessory booklet
* A vintage Warranty Booklet and Protect-O-Plate (Not original to this Corvette)
* Restoration photos
* A binder of restoration receipts
* NCRS paperwork
* The car's NCRS Chapter Top Flight award
* The car's NCRS Chapter Top Flight ribbon
* Judging sheets for the car's NCRS Chapter Top Flight award
* The car's NCRS Regional Top Flight award
* Judging sheets for the car's NCRS Regional Top Flight award
A highly desirable drop-top that wraps a clean, ground-up restoration around a hot V8 and tough 4-speed, this slick Corvette has a little something for everyone. And what's better: it's exactly the kind of classic that provides endless fun on the highway and celebrity status in the parking lot. Where else can you get such an excellent combination of style, performance and investment potential? Don't miss this opportunity to experience a stellar piece of American history!
* Ground-up rotisserie restoration completed in 2004
* NCRS Top Flight Chapter Award (2004) / NCRS Top Flight Regional Award (2005)
* Correct 327 cubic inch Chevrolet V8
* Correct Muncie 4-speed manual transmission
* Correct Milano Maroon paint / Black vinyl top
* Correct Standard interior / Factory air conditioning / Factory power windows
* Authentic Kelsey Hayes knock-off wheels
* Sale includes: Restoration photos / Restoration receipts / NCRS judging sheets / NCRS awards
* Correct posi-traction rear axle
* Correct 4-wheel disc brakes
You May Also Be Interested In
Corvette Sting Ray$119,900
What Customers Are Saying
Some large branded car dealers could learn a lot from you guys on how to treat a customer and close the deal without the painful game that follows when you are just trying to buy a vehicle. Finally, a special thanks to you for priority you placed on closing this deal in record time. also a thanks out to Greg Smith for taking the lead on getting the truck to my location. he also is very good a making it happen versus just talking about what could happen.
Most of my car friends know about RK Motors and the high level of vehicles you offer at much less than anyone could build the same vehicle. going forward I will promote that the people & process are at the same level as the vehicles that RK Motors offers.