1 of 57 NCRS Top Flight Corvette Roadster LT1 350 4 Speed PS PW Discs Factory AC
- Original 350 cubic inch LT-1 V8
- Correct Muncie 4-speed manual transmission
- Factory power steering / Factory 4-wheel power disc brakes
- Correct Mille Miglia Red paint / Black convertible top
- Correct Black leather interior
- Correct factory air conditioning
- Highly optioned car that was fully restored in 2009 / NCRS Top Flight award winner
- 1 of 57 C3 convertibles equipped with an LT-1 and air conditioning
- 1 of 5 C3 convertibles equipped with an LT-1, fitted with air conditioning and painted Mille Miglia Red
- Sale includes: Restoration photos / NCRS judging sheets / NCRS Top Flight ribbon and certificate
* Highly optioned car that was fully restored in 2009 / NCRS Top Flight award winner
* Original 350 cubic inch LT-1 V8
* Correct factory air conditioning
* Correct Mille Miglia Red paint / Black convertible top
* Correct Black leather interior
* Correct Muncie 4-speed manual transmission
* Sale includes: Restoration photos / NCRS judging sheets / NCRS Top Flight ribbon and certificate
* Factory power steering / Factory 4-wheel power disc brakes
* 1 of 57 C3 convertibles equipped with an LT-1 and air conditioning
* 1 of 5 C3 convertibles equipped with an LT-1, fitted with air conditioning and painted Mille Miglia Red
Nothing beats purpose-built performance, especially in the realm of sports cars. In 2014, with the introduction of Chevrolet's seventh generation Corvette and subsequent resurrection of the Stingray moniker, third generation Vettes accelerated their ascent in to serious collector car territory. And this year, with the reintroduction of the awesome Grand Sport, the legacy of niche Corvette performance continues to be seeded in a rock-solid foundation. 1 of only 57 C3 convertibles equipped with a top-option LT-1 and factory air conditioning, and 1 of only 5 of those convertibles decked in Mille Miglia Red, this highly optioned, numbers-matching drop-top is the quintessential blue chip C3. And if you're looking to grab an investment grade, Top Flight Stingray before the market really ticks up, it's a perfect candidate for your next classic!
Assembled at GM's storied St. Louis manufacturing facility, and body-off restored in late 2009, this awesome C3 has been bathed in correct GM code 973 Mille Miglia base and sealed in glossy clear. The foundation for that highly exclusive pigment is a solid fiberglass body that presents a better-than-factory appearance and, by the looks of things, has never been seriously damaged or received any major modifications. That composite is detailed in correct trim, correct, optional tinted glass and a fresh Black top. And today, this clean Chevy rolls as one high quality, well-maintained classic that's great to drive and fun to look at!
Tilt the car's hood and you'll find an original, 350 cubic inch LT-1 V8 that hangs a correct 3970010 casting number behind a correct “CKY” assembly stamp and matching partial VIN. At the top of the Chevy Orange mill, a correct 6239 Holley rides between a polished air cleaner and bright, stainless fluid lines. Below that carb, a familiar Winters intake funnels a perfect air/fuel mixture in to beefy, cast iron heads, which wear finned Corvette valve covers. When the juice hits the cylinders, a correct transistor ignition system sparks fresh, stainless-sleeved wires while a solid lifter rotating assembly pushes spent gases through cast iron exhaust manifolds. Charge comes courtesy of a correct GM alternator, which spins opposite a correct smog pump and old school Frigidaire AC compressor. Cooling is provided by a beefy radiator, which rides in front of pliable GM hoses and correct tower clamps. And overall, this Chevy's tidy engine compartment is exceptionally well done; framing items like a factory expansion tank and fresh brake booster in clean, Satin Black fenders.
Peer under this low-slung roadster and you'll find a restored chassis that's straight, solid and correct. The car's original small block twists torque through a correct Muncie 4-speed, branded with a familiar 3925661 casting number, which makes good use of a '69-model differential. Beneath that drivetrain, a fully rebuilt suspension combines optional power steering with tight turns and increased grip. In the middle of the car, an aluminized, true-dual exhaust system pipes spent gases through rear-mounted mufflers and polished stainless tips. At the corners of the car, power-assisted discs ensure quick, drama-free stops. And all that fully sorted hardware rolls on handsome Rally Wheels, which spin F70-15 Firestone Wide Oval Super Sports around dent-free trim rings and turbine center caps.
Open this Corvette's sculpted doors and you'll find a correct Black interior that appears to have been completely replaced during the car's extensive restoration. At the center of that cockpit, fresh bucket seats suspend tight leather covers over correct lap belts. Between those seats, an angled console centers a traditional chrome shifter amid clean, cross-flag-branded floor mats. Opposite that console, wood-trimmed side panels, backed by factory power windows, point stainless handles at the base of a crack-free dash. That dash frames fully rebuilt telemetry, factory air conditioning and an optional Delco-GM AM/FM radio. And the driver traces the road with a satin-spoke steering wheel, which laps an optional tilting column.
Here's a quick look at the car's VIN and Trim Tag.
* 1: Chevrolet Motor Division
* Z: Corvette
* 67: Convertible
* L: LT-1 V8
* 2: 1972 model year
* S: Assembled in St. Louis, Missouri
* 522967: Sequential Production Number
* K05: Assembled on June (K) 5th (05), 1972
* 404: Black leather interior
* 973: Mille Miglia Red paint
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* A vintage dealer brochure
* An original Owner's Manual
* A reproduction Window Sticker
* Reproduction factory accessory literature
* A small album of restoration photos
* The car's NCRS judging sheets
* The car's NCRS Top Flight ribbon
* The car's NCRS Top Flight certificate
* A large showboard
Early C3s are some of the best cars of the muscle car era, and this Stingray is a great living example of high-octane Americana. Think about it: An original, high performance LT-1… A correct Muncie 4-speed... A clean, highly accurate restoration… And coveted NCRS Top Flight honors. If that sounds like a good way to spend your Saturdays, stop by and claim this impressive classic!
You May Also Be Interested In
Corvette Sting Ray$144,900
Corvette Sting Ray$84,900
Corvette 35th Anniversary$35,900
Corvette Sting Ray$89,900
What Customers Are Saying
I have the unique experience of buying and also selling a car from RK Motors.
It is very difficult and risky to evaluate a car on-line. I have heard many stories about people buying on-line and the cars did not turn out as advertised. This is where RK Motors works very hard to represent their cars as accurately as possible. They also do a great job of marketing their cars.
Their pictures give you the ability to look at details on any part of the cars you feel necessary. They are also willing to answer any questions you have as accurately as possible. They removed the all the doubt for me to purchase one of their cars.
I visited their showroom which is filled with high-level cars. Their sales staff were very professional and answered as many questions as they could for me.
When I decided to sell my car, I called RK and ask them how we could do this. They were very helpful and lead me step by step through this process. The thing that impressed me most was even though I purchased the car from them, they would not take my word on the quality of the car. Only after they did their evaluation were we able to finalize our deal. They took all new pictures and did a great job of marketing my car. They were able to sell my car quickly and kept me well informed through the entire process. We answered any questions the new owner had hopefully he will enjoy his car as much as I did.
I would highly recommend RK Motors to anyone buying or selling their cars.