Documented Award Winning Numbers Matching Mustang GT 390 V8 Toploader 4 Speed PS
- Original 390 cubic inch FE V8 / Professionally rebuilt
- Original Toploader 4-speed manual transmission
- Correct 9-inch rear axle / Limited-slip differential / 3.50 gears
- Factory power steering / Factory power front disc and rear drum brakes
- Correct 14-inch Styled Steel wheels / Correct F70-14 whitewall tires
- Correct Dark Moss Green paint / DuPont 2-stage
- Correct Ivy Gold interior / Sport Deck Rear Seat
- 5-year ground-up restoration that was completed in 2007
- Winner of multiple national awards / Featured in the Goodguys Goodtimes Gazette
- Sale includes: Original Build Sheets / An original Window Sticker / A Deluxe Marti Auto Works Report
* 5-year ground-up restoration that was completed in 2007
* Winner of multiple national awards / Featured in the Goodguys Goodtimes Gazette
* Original 390 cubic inch FE V8 / Professionally rebuilt
* Original Toploader 4-speed manual transmission
* Correct Dark Moss Green paint / DuPont 2-stage
* Correct Ivy Gold interior / Sport Deck Rear Seat
* Sale includes: Original Build Sheets / An original Window Sticker / A Deluxe Marti Auto Works Report
* Correct 9-inch rear axle / Limited-slip differential / 3.50 gears
* Correct 14-inch Styled Steel wheels / Correct F70-14 whitewall tires
* Factory power steering / Factory power front disc and rear drum brakes
In the world of classic Detroit muscle, there are great cars, and then there are cars that are destined for greatness. Great cars feature a solid history, fun mechanicals and a roster of desirable options. Cars that are destined for greatness combine solid history, fun mechanicals and a roster of desirable options with exclusive awards and incredible provenance. A fully documented, fully restored showstopper that's won multiple awards, this 1967 Mustang GT wraps an original 390/Toploader drivetrain in a hot fastback profile and correct Dark Moss Green paint. In fact, awarded top honors by both Goodguys and the Mustang Club of America, this pony was deemed so true to form that it's now considered investment grade. And, better still, the car is completely documented from its original Build Sheets all the way to its official Marti Auto Works report. If you're looking for a mind blowing classic that's every bit as impressive as it is unique, this incredible Ford is just your style!
Complete, running and drivable when located in early 2002, this stellar coupe is the beneficiary of an extensive, ground-up restoration that was conducted by Southern Classic Restoration of Irmo, South Carolina. That 5-year build began when solid, original sheetmetal was stripped completely bare and aligned to better-than-factory standards. Once perfected, that fully worked profile was bathed in killer DuPont 2-stage that reflects correct Dark Moss Green pigment. Once buffed, that pigment was complemented with requisite GT side stripes. And today, this Ford sits as one exceptional classic that's enjoyed a growing fan base ever since it rolled in to our showroom!
While this GT is certainly nice to look at, it's much more than mere eye candy. Under the sculpted hood you'll find an original, 390 cubic inch FE V8 that was cleaned, detailed and completely rebuilt by CPR Performance Parts of West Columbia, South Carolina. One of the hottest Mustang engines ever created, this highly regarded block, factory-rated at 320 horsepower, presently sends about 398 horses to the car's rear-wheels. At the top of the balanced and blueprinted mill, a reliable Holley carburetor nabs oxygen from a polished and correctly decaled air cleaner, and shoves it in to a painted, aluminum intake. At the sides of that intake, factory heads hang hardened valve seats and hydraulic lifters under chrome “POWER BY FORD” rocker covers. At the front of those covers, a traditional points distributor sequences spark through fresh Autolite Radio Resistance plug wires. Below those wires, a mild Comp cam ushers air and fuel through .40 overbored cylinders and fully restored exhaust manifolds. And in front of those pipes, a beefy radiator circulates coolant through pliable Autolite hoses and reproduction tower clamps. As you can see, this Ford's impressive engine bay has been lovingly sprayed in a smooth coat of Gloss Black paint. All the Ford Blue block's ancillary components, from its fresh brake booster and tagged Autolite battery to its clean washer reservoir and Autolite-stamped alternator, are present and accounted for. And this awesome Mustang, every bit as fast and potent as it was 49 years ago, is reliable and ready to hit the street!
Take a look under this coupe and you'll find spotless Red Oxide floors that highlight a correctly restored chassis. Just aft of the legendary V8, a tough Toploader 4-speed spins a familiar Ford axle around 3.50 gears and a limited-slip differential. That awesome drivetrain is held off the ground by a fully rebuilt suspension that features both front and rear sway bars. At the ends of that suspension, factory power steering combines with power front disc and rear drum brakes to provide competent track capability. In the middle of the floors, aluminized pipes funnel roasted dinosaurs through an H-shaped crossover, shielded Flowmaster mufflers and polished, quad-outlet tips. And at the sides of that exhaust, correct Styled Steel wheels twist correct F70-14 Goodyear Speedway Wide Tread whitewalls around polished trim rings and vivid galloping horse center caps.
Behind this Ford's glossy doors you'll find a correct Ivy Gold interior that's lined in high quality Dynamat insulation. Everything, from the crack-free side panels and tight headliner to the fade-free carpet and pony-branded floor mats, appears factory-fresh. The ornate dash is loaded with rebuilt telemetry, and features monochromatic trim that's straight and tight. A correct radio rides above a curved shifter, which blooms out of a full-length factory console. A hidden Secret Audio head unit controls a hidden CD changer, which whips crisp quarter speakers. In front of the driver, a color-keyed steering wheel laps polished, speed-drilled spokes. And behind the passengers, a completely restored trunk frames a fifth Styled Steel wheel and full-size spare tire.
According to Kevin Marti of Marti Auto Works, this clean coupe was bolted together in Metuchen, New Jersey on May 26th, 1967 and delivered to L.P. Fitzgerald Ford of Vernon, Connecticut. Here's a thorough breakdown of the car's original Door Data and optional equipment:
SERIAL NUMBER: 7T02SXXXXXX
* 7 – 1967 model year
* T – Built in Metuchen, New Jersey
* 02 – Mustang fastback
* S – 390 cubic inch 4V V8
* XXX,XXXth Ford vehicle scheduled for production at Metuchen
* 63A – Mustang fastback
* Y – Ford #2039-A Dark Moss Green paint
* 2G – Ivy Gold standard bucket seats
* 10E – Scheduled for build on May 10th, 1967
* 11 – Boston Ordering District
* 1 – Standard 3.00 gears
* 5 – 4-speed manual transmission
* GT Equipment Group
* 4-speed manual transmission
* F70-14 wide oval tires
* White sidewall nylon tires
* Sport Deck Rear Seat
* AM radio
* Exterior Décor Group
* Tinted glass
* Deluxe seat belts
* Heavy duty battery
* Styled Steel Wheels
It should come as no surprised that this awesome Mustang has racked up substantial accolades. Here's a list of the car's major awards.
* Featured in the March, 2014 Goodguys Goodtimes Gazette
* Mighty Mustang Award
* -- 2013 Goodguys Southeastern Nationals
* -- Charlotte, North Carolina
* Concours Gold
* -- 2010 South of the Border Round Up at the Border
* -- Hamer, South Carolina
* First Place
* -- 2007 Mustang Club of America Southern Exposure Grand National show
* -- Augusta, Georgia
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION
* Two original Build Sheets.
* Original Window Sticker.
* Deluxe Marti Auto Works Report.
* Past Title History
* Mustang Marketing Brochure
* Stack of Build Receipts
* Restoration Photo Album
There's no question this is a very special car and that its existence has raised the bar for award-winning restorations everywhere. If you're the kind of enthusiast who wants to own only the best, and understands that quality doesn't compromise, you're already familiar with what this Mustang has to offer. Stunning to look at, thrilling to drive and exceptional to show, it's a storied classic that preserves a golden era in American muscle. Buy it today, and in 20 years, you'll still be drawing crowds!
You May Also Be Interested In
1964 1/2 Ford
Mustang Pace Car$1,099,000
What Customers Are Saying
Some large branded car dealers could learn a lot from you guys on how to treat a customer and close the deal without the painful game that follows when you are just trying to buy a vehicle. Finally, a special thanks to you for priority you placed on closing this deal in record time. also a thanks out to Greg Smith for taking the lead on getting the truck to my location. he also is very good a making it happen versus just talking about what could happen.
Most of my car friends know about RK Motors and the high level of vehicles you offer at much less than anyone could build the same vehicle. going forward I will promote that the people & process are at the same level as the vehicles that RK Motors offers.