Challenger SRT-8 Hennessey HPE530
493 Actual Mile Challenger SRT-8 Hennessey HPE530 6.1L 530 HP 5 Speed Automatic
- 6.1 liter Hemi V8 / 530 horsepower / 530 lb./ft. of torque
- Hennessey stainless headers / Hennessey 3-inch cat-back exhaust
- Mercedes-Benz 5G-Tronic 5-speed automatic transmission / AutoStick / 3.06 rear gears
- Hennessey-upgraded suspension / Factory power steering / Brembo 4-wheel power disc brakes
- 20 and 21-inch HRE wheels
- Hemi Orange Pearl Coat paint / Carbon Fiber stripe
- Dark Slate Gray leather interior / Factory air conditioning / 13-speaker Kicker SRT High Performance Audio
- Showroom-fresh survivor that's logged only 493 miles
- Number 2 of 50 HPE530 Challengers assembled for the 2008 model year
- Sale includes: An original Window Sticker / Documentation for the car's Hennessey modifications
* Showroom-fresh survivor that's logged only 493 miles
* Number 2 of 50 HPE530 Challengers assembled for the 2008 model year
* 6.1 liter Hemi V8 / 530 horsepower / 530 lb./ft. of torque
* Hemi Orange Pearl Coat paint / Carbon Fiber stripe
* 20 and 21-inch HRE wheels
* Dark Slate Gray leather interior / Factory air conditioning / 13-speaker Kicker SRT High Performance Audio
* Hennessey stainless headers / Hennessey 3-inch cat-back exhaust
* Mercedes-Benz 5G-Tronic 5-speed automatic transmission / AutoStick / 3.06 rear gears
* Hennessey-upgraded suspension / Factory power steering / Brembo 4-wheel power disc brakes
* Sale includes: An original Window Sticker / Documentation for the car's Hennessey modifications
As you might imagine, it takes something pretty special to impress our seasoned staff here at RK Motors Charlotte. It's not that we're a particularly cynical bunch but, as a leading retailer of some of the world's most desirable classics, we're constantly surrounded by extremely impressive machinery. That said, few modern cars compare to this cool 2008 Challenger HPE530. As Hennessey's way of unleashing even more of the LC platform's bare-knuckle MoPar spirit, it plants a thoroughly massaged Hemi in a broad shouldered pony car that's already a comfortable and stylish street bruiser. Think about it, that's essentially all-motor, Corvette beating power in an offering that's so versatile it'll happily chauffeur your grandma to the local hair salon. How could any red-blooded gearhead NOT love that? If you're a Chrysler fan, a Hennessey fan, or just a fan of fast cars in general, you've clicked the right link!
Logging only 493 miles since it rolled off Chrysler's Brampton, Ontario assembly line, and straight in to the state of everything bigger, this 530 horsepower beast is number 2 of 50 HPE530 Challengers produced for the 2008 model year. The car's cool Hemi Orange Pearl Coat presents an extra polished appearance thanks to a stylish carbon fiber hood stripe. Naturally its slick, showroom-fresh fit is as close to perfect as a factory car can get. There isn't a speck of road rash anywhere on its nose, rockers or broad, orange flanks. And items like tasteful fender emblems, automatic HID headlights, a power sunroof and a Hennessey-massaged deck spoiler complement conservative form with convenient function.
Pigments are pretty and stripes are cool, but now it's time to get down to business. If you think the exterior of this car is impressive, you're going to LOVE what's under its hood. Cranking out a smooth 530 horsepower and 530 lb./ft. of torque, this Challenger's storied Hemi V8 is ready to rock and roll! Essentially a better breathing version of Chrysler's already impressive SRT engine, this hot 6.1 liter begins with a Hennessey-installed custom-grind cam that amps up compression. A perfect amount of air and fuel is supplied by a factory throttle body and a polished Hennessey Cold Air Induction Kit. That air and fuel mixes in a tall, Polydyn-coated intake on its way to ported and polished Hennessey high-flow heads, which feature a performance valve job. And, immediately following combustion, spent gases roar in to stainless, Hennessey-installed headers. The chassis dyno-ed mill rolls in a sequentially numbered bay that displays OEM-level attentiveness to both engineering and assembly. Details like trick valve covers and Hennessy performance programming ensure solid usability and cool curb appeal. And overall, the vicious block looks spectacular, fires and idles perfectly, and accelerates like a pure-bred race car.
Built around Mercedes' S-Class front suspension and E-Class rear suspension, Chrysler's LX platform was a solid foundation that could easily spawn multiple rear and all-wheel drive applications. And when this Challenger's engineering team chopped a bit of length and rechristened it “LC”, they created the perfect blend of American attitude and European road manners. The brutal Hemi spins five forward gears through a proven Mercedes-Benz 5G-Tronic automatic transmission. That transmission twists an open differential, which is equipped with optimal 3.06 gears. Factory power steering combines with adjustable sway bars and KW Variant 2 adjustable coil-overs to ensure you'll want to do more than make traditional NASCAR lefts. Stops come courtesy of slotted discs and power-assisted Brembo calipers. The engine breathes through Hennessey cat-back exhaust, which hangs high-flow cats and stainless, 3-inch pipes in front of polished stainless tips. And at the corners of the chassis, color-keyed HREs spin 275/40ZR20 Pirelli P Zeros in front of 295/35ZR21 Pirelli P Zeros.
Inside this pristine Challenger you'll find a fresh leather cockpit that displays virtually no wear at all. The car's heated seats, trimmed in factory-spec Hemi Orange, are supple, supportive and near perfect in every way. The tastefully sculpted dash hangs an array of Hennessey silver-face gauges opposite a serialized Hennessey plaque. To the right of those gauges, controls for a Kicker SRT 13 speaker sound system cap a dressed console that features a familiar AutoStick shifter. Below that console, like-new carpet is protected by Hennessey-supplied “SRT530” floor mats. In front of the driver, a leather-wrapped steering wheel spins redundant audio buttons and standard Speed Control around a standard tilt and telescoping column. Behind the passengers, a surprisingly spacious trunk features enough room for a weekend's worth of luggage. And naturally, all the luxuries you'd expect in a high dollar muscle car are present and accounted for including: power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, a power driver's seat, Remote Keyless Entry and Uconnect hands-free communication.
Nicely appointed from the factory, this killer coupe rolled in to Gulf Coast Autoplex of Jennings, Louisiana with a long list of standard and optional equipment. Here's a breakdown of the car's original Window Sticker.
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8
* Hemi Orange Pearl Coat exterior paint
* Dark Slate Gray premium leather interior that's complete with Hemi Orange seat trim
* 6.1 liter SRT Hemi V8 engine
* 5-speed automatic transmission complete with AutoStick
* Advanced multi-stage front airbags
* Supplemental side-curtain airbags
* Electronic Stability Program
* All-speed traction control
* Performance 4-wheel disc brakes that are equipped with anti-lock
* 3.06 rear axle ratio
* Keyless Go
* Remote Keyless Entry
* Speed Control
* Rear window defroster
* Power trunk release
* Air conditioning
* Heated front seats
* Power, 8-way driver's seat
* Manual lumbar adjustment for the driver and front passenger
* 60/40 folding rear seat
* 13-speaker Kicker SRT High Performance Audio
* Power windows that feature One-Touch-Down
* AM/FM radio complete with a 6-disc CD/DVD changer, MP3 capability and satellite capability
* 322-watt Kicker SRT amplifier
* 200-watt Kicker SRT subwoofer
* Uconnect hands-free communication
* Floor console that's complete with a sliding armrest
* Rear seat armrest that's complete with cupholders
* Leather-wrapped steering wheel
* Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
* Tilt/telescoping steering wheel
* Auto dimming rearview mirror that's complete with a microphone
* Sun visors complete with illuminated vanity mirrors
* Vehicle Information Center
* Traveler/mini trip computer
* Universal garage door opener
* Luxury front and rear floor mats
* 12-volt power outlet
* 20x9-inch forged aluminum SRT wheels
* 245/45ZR20 All season performance tires
* Carbon fiber hood stripe
* Fog lamps
* Automatic HID head lamps
* Power, heated fold away mirrors
* Rear spoiler
* Dual exhaust that's complete with bright tips
* Customer Preferred Package 22X
* -- Power sunroof ($950)
* -- MyGIG Multimedia System complete with GPS navigation ($890)
* -- Gas Guzzler Tax ($2,000)
VEHICLE PRICE: $37,320
TOTAL OPTIONS: $3,940
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $41,935
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION
* The aforementioned Chrysler Window Sticker
* Hennessey marketing literature
* Pictures of the car being modified by Hennessey
* Paperwork and receipts from the car's Hennessey modifications
When it comes to reliable, road-ready power, there's little doubt this exclusive HPE530 is one of the best Challengers ever created. And with its pristine shell, highly capable chassis and asphalt destroying drivetrain, it's the boutique muscle car every collector wants. Don't miss your chance to own this 493-mile paragon of MoPar might!
You May Also Be Interested In
What Customers Are Saying
I have the unique experience of buying and also selling a car from RK Motors.
It is very difficult and risky to evaluate a car on-line. I have heard many stories about people buying on-line and the cars did not turn out as advertised. This is where RK Motors works very hard to represent their cars as accurately as possible. They also do a great job of marketing their cars.
Their pictures give you the ability to look at details on any part of the cars you feel necessary. They are also willing to answer any questions you have as accurately as possible. They removed the all the doubt for me to purchase one of their cars.
I visited their showroom which is filled with high-level cars. Their sales staff were very professional and answered as many questions as they could for me.
When I decided to sell my car, I called RK and ask them how we could do this. They were very helpful and lead me step by step through this process. The thing that impressed me most was even though I purchased the car from them, they would not take my word on the quality of the car. Only after they did their evaluation were we able to finalize our deal. They took all new pictures and did a great job of marketing my car. They were able to sell my car quickly and kept me well informed through the entire process. We answered any questions the new owner had hopefully he will enjoy his car as much as I did.
I would highly recommend RK Motors to anyone buying or selling their cars.