- 5.4 liter V8 / Lysholm twin-screw supercharger / 550 horsepower
- Ricardo 6-speed manual transaxle / Helical limited-slip differential
- Power rack-and-pinion steering
- Brembo 4-wheel power disc brakes
- Optional 1-piece BBS wheels
- All-aluminum body / Mark IV Red paint / Optional racing stripes
- Ebony leather interior / Air conditioning / Optional McIntosh audio
- Remote Keyless Entry / Factory power windows / Factory power door locks
- Never titled GT that's logged only 340 miles
- Sale includes the car's original Window Sticker
* Never titled GT that's logged only 340 miles
* 5.4 liter V8 / Lysholm twin-screw supercharger / 550 horsepower
* Ricardo 6-speed manual transaxle / Helical limited-slip differential
* Ebony leather interior / Air conditioning / Optional McIntosh audio
* All-aluminum body / Mark IV Red paint / Optional racing stripes
* Optional 1-piece BBS wheels
* Sale includes the car's original Window Sticker
* Power rack-and-pinion steering
* Brembo 4-wheel power disc brakes
* Remote Keyless Entry / Factory power windows / Factory power door locks
If we were to personify automakers, we'd probably identify Ford as 'the quiet guy you have to watch out for'. They're not the biggest. They're not the loudest. But when they put their muscle behind something, they're usually the best. Case in point: the success of the brand's hallowed GT super car. Developed in a high-stakes grudge match, the original GT40 proved America had the chops to beat the best manufacturers on the planet. And with the advent of this six-figure stunner, Dearborn showed it had the heritage and expertise to continue its legacy as one of the world's premier transportation companies. Apparently the public agrees, since, despite a global recession, GT transaction prices have more than doubled merely a decade after production ended. Having spent its entire life in the possession of a dealer, this never titled GT wraps a 550 horsepower, all-American V8 in world-class engineering. Looking for a killer exotic that's virtually guaranteed to be exclusive? Time to take off those Rosso colored glasses!
A fitting follow-up to the original GT40, this incredible coupe utilizes a lightweight, all-aluminum body that optimizes aerodynamics to the tune of 3.3-second 0-60 sprints and an electronically limited top speed of 205 MPH. That body, which rides on roll-bonded floors, reflects a clean CarFax report with the help of racy Mark IV Red paint, standard GT side stripes and optional painted racing stripes. Baubles and bolt-ons are kept to a minimum, with a standard aero package complementing HID headlamps, halogen fog lights and two body-matched mirrors. And, while we all know it isn't easy to create a legendary exotic that'll stand tall among peers and competitors alike, the car's excellent build quality is a literal testament to Dearborn's world-class design.
When it comes to refined power, it's hard to go wrong with a Ford mod motor. Specifically created for the GT program, this car's 5.4 liter V8 is founded on a unique aluminum block that benefits from dry-sump lubrication. A forged rotating assembly plays well with four GT-specific cams and reengineered heads that were borrowed from SVT's awesome Mustang Cobra R. And all that proven hardware spins under a Lysholm twin-screw supercharger to the tune of 550 horsepower and 500 lb./ft. of torque. That torque flows through a Ricardo 6-speed transaxle, which powers a helical limited-slip differential. That drivetrain rides in a fully independent suspension, which is married to a sturdy, superplastic-formed frame. Turns come courtesy of power rack-and-pinion steering. Stops come courtesy of two 14-inch cross-drilled discs, two 13.2-inch cross-drilled discs and red Brembo 4-piston calipers, which make good use of electronic brake distribution and standard anti-lock technology. The big engine roars through big stainless pipes. And all that track-ready prowess grips through optional 1-piece BBS alloys, which twist 235/45ZR18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar radials in front of 315/40ZR19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar radials.
Naturally, this GT's interior is every bit as nice as its lightweight shell. Gone are the days of cramped capacity and Lexan-induced scorch as a 3-inch higher profile combines with factory air conditioning to provide 21st century comfort. Step over the car's “Ford” branded sills and you'll find lightweight carbon fiber buckets that stretch plush leather trim under retro aluminum grommets. In front of those seats, an Azdel Superlite Composite dash hangs clean telemetry above retro switches and optional McIntosh audio. At the bottom of that dash, clean carpet frames metal foot pedals and a magnesium console, which rides on a friction stir-welded tunnel that houses the car's fuel tank. At the edges of that carpet, 1-piece door panels found keyless power door locks beneath factory power windows and requisite power mirrors. And in front of the driver, a leather-wrapped steering wheel laps a tilting and telescoping column.
This Ford's original window sticker, which is included with our sale, lists the following standard and optional equipment:
5.4 LITER SUPERCHARGED DOHC V8
6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSAXLE
MARK IV RED PAINT
EBONY LEATHER INTERIOR
STANDARD EQUIPMENT INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
* HID headlights
* Ford GT bodyside tape stripes
* Full Aerodynamic Package
* Forged aluminum capless fuel filling system
* BBS cast aluminum wheels (18 inches up front and 19 inches out back)
* Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires (235/45ZR18 up front and 315/40ZR19 out back)
* Fog lamps
* Carbon fiber seats complete with leather trim
* Leather-trimmed interior (Instrument panel, door panels, armrest, header, bulkhead & pillars)
* Air conditioning
* AM/FM stereo that's complete with a CD player
* Leather-wrapped tilt and telescoping steering wheel
* Ricardo 6-speed transaxle
* Brembo vented disc brakes
* Stainless steel dual exhaust
* Dry-sump lubrication
* Anti-lock brakes
* Driver and front passenger airbags
* Child seat tethers
* Remote Keyless Entry
* Gas Guzzler Tax ($2,100)
* McIntosh AM/FM stereo that's complete with a CD player ($4,000)
* Lightweight forged aluminum wheels ($3,500)
* Red brake caliper paint ($750)
* Painted racing stripes ($5,000)
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE: $139,995
TOTAL OPTIONS: $15,350
DESTINATION & DELIVERY: $1,250
TOTAL MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $156,595
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* The car's original Owner's Manual
* The car's original factory tags and accessory literature
* The aforementioned Window Sticker
* The car's front license plate holder
* A battery charger
* A full car cover that's stows in a Ford GT duffle bag
* A Ford GT hat
This storied Dearborn super star is an impressive, track-capable investment that's highly exclusive and scary fast! Comfortable where it matters, and possessing serious performance provenance, it pairs the raw tenacity of a LeMans-winning GT40 with the cool confidence of modern, world-class engineering. Don't miss your opportunity to own one of the most incredible classics on the planet!
You May Also Be Interested In
Mustang Boss 351$79,900
Mustang Boss 302$109,900
What Customers Are Saying
I have the unique experience of buying and also selling a car from RK Motors.
It is very difficult and risky to evaluate a car on-line. I have heard many stories about people buying on-line and the cars did not turn out as advertised. This is where RK Motors works very hard to represent their cars as accurately as possible. They also do a great job of marketing their cars.
Their pictures give you the ability to look at details on any part of the cars you feel necessary. They are also willing to answer any questions you have as accurately as possible. They removed the all the doubt for me to purchase one of their cars.
I visited their showroom which is filled with high-level cars. Their sales staff were very professional and answered as many questions as they could for me.
When I decided to sell my car, I called RK and ask them how we could do this. They were very helpful and lead me step by step through this process. The thing that impressed me most was even though I purchased the car from them, they would not take my word on the quality of the car. Only after they did their evaluation were we able to finalize our deal. They took all new pictures and did a great job of marketing my car. They were able to sell my car quickly and kept me well informed through the entire process. We answered any questions the new owner had hopefully he will enjoy his car as much as I did.
I would highly recommend RK Motors to anyone buying or selling their cars.