1 of 56 Scott Tiemann Restored GTOAA Concours Gold GTO 400 Ram Air III V8 TH400
- 400 cubic inch Pontiac Ram Air V8 / Numbers-matching engine
- GM Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed automatic transmission / Numbers-matching transmission
- Correct 10-bolt rear axle / Correct Safe-T-Track differential / Correct 4.33 gears
- Power steering / Power front disc & rear drum brakes / 14-inch Rally II Wheels
- Correct Mariner Turquoise paint / Correct Black top
- Correct, highly optioned interior / Hurst His & Her Shifter
- Ground-up restoration completed in 2013 / Restored by Scott Tiemann of Supercar Specialties
- Awarded Concours Gold honors at the 2013 GTO Association of America National Convention
- Spent time in Pontiac Historic Services founder Jim Mattison's personal collection
- Sale includes restoration photos
* Ground-up restoration completed in 2013 / Restored by Scott Tiemann of Supercar Specialties
* Awarded Concours Gold honors at the 2013 GTO Association of America National Convention
* Spent time in Pontiac Historic Services founder Jim Mattison's personal collection
* 400 cubic inch Pontiac Ram Air V8 / Numbers-matching engine
* GM Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed automatic transmission / Numbers-matching transmission
* Correct 10-bolt rear axle / Correct Safe-T-Track differential / Correct 4.33 gears
* Correct Mariner Turquoise paint / Correct Black top
* Correct, highly optioned interior / Hurst His & Her Shifter
* Power steering / Power front disc & rear drum brakes / 14-inch Rally II Wheels
* Sale includes restoration photos
If you're a fan of style, speed and comfort, you simply can't go wrong with Pontiac's storied GTO. The goat practically defined the golden age of Detroit, and by the time its first production run was over, it had become the best-selling muscle car of all time. Not surprisingly, demand for these cornerstone classics continues to be strong. And, as the product of a ground-up restoration that was completed by Scott Tiemann of Supercar Specialties, this Concours Gold coupe is quite possibly the world's finest Pontiac muscle car. Featuring numbers-matching Ram Air power, a numbers-matching Turbo-Hydramatic 3-speed and correct Mariner Turquoise on Black aesthetics, it's the perfect car for anyone who cruises fast, wide and loud. And if you're searching for some investment grade metal that'll roll straight out of the showroom and right onto the red carpet, it's the opportunity of a lifetime!
Once a part of Pontiac Historic Services founder Jim Mattison's personal collection, this stunning GTO is the beneficiary of a professional, nut-and-bolt restoration that's so nice it schools factory survivors. Painstaking attention to detail ensured everything on the car was rebuilt to show quality condition. After first-class metalwork resulted in an arrow-straight profile, solid panels were layered in correct Mariner Turquoise 2-stage, dashed with black pinstripes and capped in correct vinyl. And in the summer of 2013, this tenacious Tin Indian roared in to the GTO Association of America National Convention to receive coveted Concours Gold honors!
Hailing from the birthplace of GM's storied excitement division, Pontiac Assembly, this coupe still possesses undeniable swagger! At the front of the car, a flashy grille centers bold “G T O” lettering and clear parking lamps between a fresh header emblem, bright T3 headlights and a heavy bumper. Above that grille, a small hood scoop leads the eye to clean stainless frames, which reflect tinted glass, satin wipers and a correct driver's mirror. At the sides of that bonnet, familiar 'coke bottle' fenders found mirrored rocker guards, ornate crests and fresh wheel lips beneath traditional door handles, a correct power antenna and monochromatic quarter emblems. And at the back of those fenders, a stainless-trimmed valance hangs simple taillights between a small trunk badge and second heavy bumper.
Twisting stout 10.75 to 1 compression into a conservatively rated 360 horsepower and 438 lb./ft. of tire-melting torque, this awesome A-Body's numbers-matching Ram Air V8 hangs a correct 9786133 casting number behind a correct “XP” assembly stamp. As you probably know, only 751 of these top option GTOs were produced for the 1967 model year. And, to provide even more perspective, this coupe is 1 of only 156 Ram Air cars to follow a heavy-duty Turbo-Hydramatic transmission with a 4.33 Safe-T-Track axle. At the top of the hot mill, functional Ram Air induction funnels wind in to a yellow-trimmed Quadrajet 4-barrel. Behind that carb, a traditional points distributor sequences fire between a Delco coil and fresh Packard Radio TVRS cables. Below those cables, restored exhaust manifolds roar in to large, true-dual pipes. And at the front of those pipes, a beefy Harrison radiator hangs a correct shroud between pliable GM hoses, a standard issue pulley fan and requisite tower clamps. Naturally, the all-Pontiac powerplant displays slick Turquoise pigment from its intake all the way to its oil pan. The car's fenders, firewall and hood are covered in thick Satin Black skin that's peppered in light Mariner Turquoise overspray. And niceties such as bright decals, polished valve covers, a GM alternator, a Delco Moraine brake booster and a reproduction Delco battery can be found in all the right places.
As previously mentioned, that impressive engine spins torque through a numbers-matching Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed to a correct 10-bolt axle that's finished with 4.33 gears and a proven Safe-T-Track differential. That drivetrain rolls on a heavy-duty double A-arm front and 4-link rear suspension, which sails Satin Black floors above a Satin Black frame. Factory power steering complements power front disc and rear drum brakes. The aforementioned manifolds dump spent gases in to aluminized exhaust pipes and factory replacement mufflers. And at the corners of the car, stainless-trimmed Rally IIs twist F70-14 Firestone Wide Oval Super Sport redlines.
Pull the doors and you'll find a correct Black interior that's sporty yet classy. Front and center, firm bench and bucket seats wrap bright trim and era-correct lap belts around pleated covers. The engine's vitals are displayed by familiar Rally Gauges, which, along with a vintage radio, populate veneer trim that was inspired by European sports cars. On the floor, like-new carpet anchors an exclusive Hurst His & Her Shifter inside a correct console, stainless-trimmed foot pedals and Pontiac-branded mats. At the sides of that rug, fresh door panels hang chrome handles and small armrests beneath clean frames and bright crests. Above those panels, a tight headliner frames correct roof rail reading lamps. In front of the driver, a Custom Sport Steering Wheel laps a tilting column. And behind the passengers, a spotless trunk sandwiches a correct jack and full-size spare tire beneath a correct rear speaker and correct rear window defogger.
Here's a detailed look at this Ponchos' VIN and Cowl Tag.
* 2: Pontiac Motor Division
* 42: GTO
* 17: 2-door hardtop
* 7: 1967 model year
* P: Assembled in Pontiac, Michigan
* 1: 8-cylinder assembled during the model's first 100,000 units
* 77294: Sequential production number
* 12A: Assembled during the first (A) week of December (12), 1966
* 1: Unknown
* 67: 1967 model year
* 2: Pontiac Motor Division
* 42: GTO
* 17: 2-door hardtop
* PON: Assembled in Pontiac, Michigan
* 9598: Fisher Body number
* 223-B: Black vinyl interior with Black trim
* L: Mariner Turquoise paint
* 2: Black vinyl top
* E: Tinted glass
* V: Unknown
* 2: Equipment Group 2
* Z: 3-speed automatic transmission
* G: Console
* T: Rear power antenna
* V: Verbra-Phonic rear speaker
* 3: Equipment Group 3
* B: Rear window defogger
* N: Roof rail reading lamps
* 4: Equipment Group 4
* F: Outside remote mirror
* 5: Equipment Group 5
* Y: Custom seatbelts
* 24-2: Unknown
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* A vintage sales brochure
* A vintage Owner's Manual
* Vintage factory literature
* Restoration photos
* A reproduction Window Sticker
* Two large display boards
* A couple of spare parts
* A GTO-themed tag
This awesome GTO is a documented, investment grade muscle car that features an ideal blend of performance and style. And, thanks to its numbers-matching drivetrain and professional restoration, it'll be an absolute pleasure to drive and show. If you've been patiently waiting for the opportunity to pick up a near perfect example of the ORIGINAL muscle car, here's your chance!
You May Also Be Interested In
What Customers Are Saying
RK Motors, in my opinion, is the best place to find and buy your high quality dream car or next toy. Their inventory is full of high quality automobiles painstakingly preserved or restored the correct way at very fair prices. I throughly enjoy my automobiles purchased for RK Motors and my friendship with them. I would highly recommend them to anyone as i have to all of my friend, acquaintances and folks who have asked me for recommendations and advice.Mitchell W.