Firebird Trans Am Super Duty
Restored Trans Am Super Duty 455 V8 TH400 3 Speed Automatic PS A/C
- Original 455 cubic inch Super Duty V8
- Original Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed automatic transmission / 10-bolt rear axle
- Correct WS4 suspension
- Correct power steering / Correct power front disc and rear drum brakes
- 15-inch Pontiac Rally II wheels
- Correct Admiralty Blue paint
- Correct Black interior / Factory air conditioning
- Authentic Trans Am Super Duty that's been restored as needed
- Sale includes Pontiac Historic Services paperwork
- 1 of only 943 Trans Am Super Duties produced for the 1974 model year
According to some analysts, 2017 could be another record-setting year for American car sales, banking a Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate of over 17 million units. Those stellar numbers have prompted many journalists to capitalize on talk of reviving long-retired automotive brands. Within that conversation, some of the most popular and heated discussion centers on Pontiac. While a revival of Pontiac is, at this point, highly unlikely, it's hard to deny the passion and respect automotive enthusiasts continue to associate with the marque. That means cars like this numbers-matching Trans Am Super Duty, one of the brand's most desirable creations, are well positioned to continue their reign at the top of the collector car market. A factory-correct head turner that's been restored as needed, this top-notch Poncho is 1 of only 943 Super Duties produced for the 1974 model year. And if you're a Firebird enthusiast who's searching for an exclusive F2 that you can literally purchase and drive straight to the show, it's your chance to become king of the muscle car hill!
A clean F-Body that's continuously turned heads for close to 45 years, this first class Firebird is a literal culmination of detailed maintenance and acute restoration. The car's bodywork is solid throughout, with smooth, flat panels that are complemented by better-than-factory alignment. Naturally, those panels wear a correct coat of Admiralty Blue 2-stage, which has been decorated with appropriately awesome Trans Am call-outs. And today, with unique visual sizzle that's as classy as it is aggressive, this top notch Super Duty is a highly desirable example of a major milestone in Pontiac history!
The heart of any muscle car is its engine, and this Poncho's brawny Super Duty moniker is no misnomer. The largely hand-built SD-455, which features significantly reinforced components, shares little more than a displacement number with its more common brethren. And this car's familiar Turquoise mill complements a correct 490132 casting number with a correct “Y8” assembly stamp and matching 122691 partial VIN. At the top of the big engine, traditional Trans Am induction funnels fresh wind in to a big Quadrajet carburetor and correct Pontiac intake. That intake sends a high-octane air/fuel mixture in to unique, high-flow cylinder heads that are capped with familiar, stamped steel valve covers. At the back of those covers, a correct points distributor sequences fire through 7mm AC Delco Premium Silicone cables. Spent gases are jettisoned through fully restored exhaust manifolds. A leak-free radiator, servicing pliable hoses under reliable screw clamps and a familiar plastic shroud, controls heat. And finer details include: correct decals, a correct Delco Moraine brake booster, factory air conditioning, a reproduction Delco battery and a deep-sump oil pan.
At the bottom of this slick, second generation Firebird, undercoated floorpans reflect decades of dry storage and easy living. Behind the mega mill, an original Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed hangs a correct “74 PQ” assembly tag opposite a matching 122691 partial VIN. That gearbox spins power to a tough 10-bolt axle. Below that stellar drivetrain, a rebuilt Trans Am suspension, which includes correct power steering, thicker sway bars, better shocks and stiffer springs, combines with standard issue power front disc and rear drum brakes. At the center of the car, a throaty, true-dual exhaust system hangs a transverse muffler in front of polished stainless tips. And everything rolls on a quartet of attractive Rally IIs, which twist 225/70R15 BF Goodrich Radial T/As.
When it comes to interior décor, Pontiac's '70s team was firing on all eight cylinders. While this coupe's insignia may be considered overkill, and its horsepower rating might seem relatively modest compared to earlier muscle cars, there's no disputing the beauty of its design. Correct Morrokide buckets are clean and crisp, easily defying the car's age. Those seats are framed in correct Black carpet, correct Black harnesses and Firebird-themed floor mats. Between those mats, a molded console plants a small shifter behind correct Delco AM/FM audio. Above that audio, a warp-free dash frames detailed telemetry and factory air conditioning in a bright, engine-turned instrument panel. In front of the driver, a tilting steering column spins a black Formula wheel. And behind the passengers, a matted trunk hides a full-size spare tire.
Here's a detailed look at this hot Trans Am's VIN and Cowl Tag.
* 2: Pontiac
* V: Trans Am
* 87: Sport coupe
* X: 455 cubic inch Super Duty V8
* 4: 1974 model year
* N: Assembled in Norwood, Ohio
* 122691: Production Sequence Number
* 74: 1974 model year
* 2FS87: Pontiac (2) Firebird (FS) 2-door coupe (87)
* N: Assembled in Norwood, Ohio
* 113498: Fisher Body unit number
* 596: Black custom Morrokide interior
* A51: Bucket seats
* 29: Admiralty Blue lower body
* 29: Admiralty Blue upper body
* 01B: Assembled during the second (B) week of January (01), 1974
* WS4: Trans Am
* BLK: Black secondary interior color
* 020202: Fisher Body time date code
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION
* A vintage Owner's Manual
* Vintage factory accessory literature
* Maintenance receipts
* Pontiac Historic Services documentation
* A reproduction Window Sticker
If you're looking for a premium Detroit muscle car that mixes original, numbers-matching performance with striking, factory-correct aesthetics, congratulations, it's your lucky day! Don't miss the chance to take home this incredible Super Duty!
* Authentic Trans Am Super Duty that's been restored as needed
* Original 455 cubic inch Super Duty V8
* Original Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed automatic transmission / 10-bolt rear axle
* Correct Admiralty Blue paint
* Correct Black interior / Factory air conditioning
* Sale includes Pontiac Historic Services paperwork
* Correct WS4 suspension
* Correct power steering / Correct power front disc and rear drum brakes
* 15-inch Pontiac Rally II wheels
* 1 of only 943 Trans Am Super Duties produced for the 1974 model year
You May Also Be Interested In
Firebird Trans Am$99,900
Firebird Trans Am$99,900
What Customers Are Saying
Some large branded car dealers could learn a lot from you guys on how to treat a customer and close the deal without the painful game that follows when you are just trying to buy a vehicle. Finally, a special thanks to you for priority you placed on closing this deal in record time. also a thanks out to Greg Smith for taking the lead on getting the truck to my location. he also is very good a making it happen versus just talking about what could happen.
Most of my car friends know about RK Motors and the high level of vehicles you offer at much less than anyone could build the same vehicle. going forward I will promote that the people & process are at the same level as the vehicles that RK Motors offers.