- The beneficiary of a no-expense-spared rotisserie restoration
- Original 400 cubic inch B V8
- Original A727 TorqueFlite 3-speed automatic transmission
- Largely original sheetmetal / Correct Powder Blue paint
- Correct Bright Blue vinyl interior
- Factory air conditioning
- Factory power steering
- Factory power front disc and rear drum brakes
- 14-inch steel wheels
- Sale includes vintage service records and awards from various car shows
In the world of collector cars, some classics tend to overshadow their peers. If you're shopping Chevelles, you're probably looking for an LS6 Super Sport. If you're shopping Mustangs, you're probably looking for a first-generation coupe. And if you're shopping Chargers, you're probably looking for something between 1968 and 1970. That's a somewhat sad, but beneficial, phenomenon. Sad because it means a lot of great cars just don't get the respect they deserve. Beneficial because a lot of fine metal, like this classy 1972 Charger SE, can be purchased for very reasonable prices. As charming as it is cool, this award-winning hardtop wraps an original 400/3-speed drivetrain in warm blue aesthetics that are guaranteed to turn heads. It's the perfect way for any enthusiast to grab a neat old car and enjoy every aspect of the hobby!
Much nicer than when it rolled off Chrysler's St. Louis assembly lines, this slick hardtop is the beneficiary of a no-expense-spared rotisserie restoration that wrapped correct Powder Blue 2-stage around a largely original profile. That profile shows no signs of significant repair, suggesting it was a straight, trouble-free canvas before the car's metamorphosis began. Panel gaps are good enough to make painted pinstripes line up exactly right. Fresh chrome and highly polished stainless look great under bright emblems and a tight vinyl top. And overall, this fully sorted Dodge is a unique representation of a more luxurious era of Motor City mayhem!
Lift this Dodge's long hood and you'll find Chrysler's stalwart, 400 cubic inch B V8 that, introduced to replace the firm's venerable 383, is a popular choice for high performance builds thanks to its big bore, proven strength and excellent interchangeability. Behind that original mill, an original A727 TorqueFlite spins a 10-bolt axle. That smooth drivetrain feeds a fully sorted front torsion bar and rear leaf suspension that's shackled to factory power steering. Cool and confident stops are provided by a correct combination of power-assisted discs and power-assisted drums. Exhaust floats through a factory-style pipe and traditional turbo muffler. And at the corners of the floors, Powder Blue steelies spin G78-14 BF Goodrich Silvertown whitewalls around red-trimmed poverty caps.
Swivel this coupe's level doors and you'll find a correct Bright Blue interior that reflects the luxurious push of early 1970s America. Broad seats, a split bench up front and traditional bench out back, are wrapped in pliable vinyl covers that display hardly any signs of wear. In front of those thrones, a wood-trimmed dash hangs rebuilt telemetry above factory air conditioning and a Chrysler Solid State radio. In front of the driver, an ornate, color-keyed steering wheel laps a traditional column shifter. And behind the passengers, a nicely finished trunk features a correct jack and spare tire.
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* Vintage marketing literature
* An Owner's Manual and related factory literature
* An original Dodge Car and Truck Color and Upholstery Selector
* A 1972 Dodge Body Service Manual
* A 1972 Dodge Chassis Service Manual
* A MoPar Parts Catalog
* Historic literature
* Vintage service records
* Literature and awards from various car shows
Classic, well-optioned MoPars are just good, clean fun. And every time we park a reasonably priced example in our showroom, our phones start ringing off the hook. Take a good, long look at the body, drivetrain and interior on this sporty Dodge. There's just no way anyone could build or restore a classic this well without significantly overshooting our asking price. Don't be that guy who calls late and asks: “Is it really sold?” Pick up the phone and call now!
* The beneficiary of a no-expense-spared rotisserie restoration
* Original 400 cubic inch B V8
* Original A727 TorqueFlite 3-speed automatic transmission
* Largely original sheetmetal / Correct Powder Blue paint
* Correct Bright Blue vinyl interior
* Factory air conditioning
* Factory power steering
* Factory power front disc and rear drum brakes
* 14-inch steel wheels
* Sale includes vintage service records and awards from various car shows