GNRS Winning Steel Dearborn Duece '32 Ford Cabriolet 427 FE 428hp Auto AC
- Custom, ground-up build that was completed in early 2010
- Awarded Class Winner at the 2011 Grand National Roadster Show
- 427 cubic inch FE V8 / Overbored to 431 cubic inches / 428 horsepower
- C4 3-speed automatic transmission / Speedway Engineering quick change rear axle / Posi-traction differential / 3.70 gears
- Vintage Air Conditioning
- Custom leather interior / Cloth top that retracts in to the car's body
- Custom TCI chassis / Custom suspension / 17 and 20-inch Bonspeed Delta wheels
- Dearborn steel body / House Of Kolor Kandy Wine and PPG Orion Silver paint
- Rack-and-pinion steering / Wilwood 4-wheel disc brakes
- Sale includes: Build photos / Build receipts / Dyno results / The car's numerous awards
* Custom, ground-up build that was completed in early 2010
* Awarded Class Winner at the 2011 Grand National Roadster Show
* 427 cubic inch FE V8 / Overbored to 431 cubic inches / 428 horsepower
* C4 3-speed automatic transmission / Speedway Engineering quick change rear axle / Posi-traction differential / 3.70 gears
* Vintage Air Conditioning
* Custom leather interior / Cloth top that retracts in to the car's body
* Custom TCI chassis / Custom suspension / 17 and 20-inch Bonspeed Delta wheels
* Dearborn steel body / House Of Kolor Kandy Wine and PPG Orion Silver paint
* Rack-and-pinion steering / Wilwood 4-wheel disc brakes
* Sale includes: Build photos / Build receipts / Dyno results / The car's numerous awards
What do you get when you combine the aesthetic traits of a show-worthy street rod with the drivability of a modern hot rod? This all-steel, national award-winning Ford roadster! With the universal appeal of high dollar eye candy, and the road going prowess of a late model cruiser, this slick street rod is a professionally built custom that grants its owner the best of both worlds. And what's better: you can have your show stopper and drive it too for a fraction of the money and time it takes to complete a ground-up build!
An award-winning custom that's capped with solid steel, this fully sorted Ford is the perfect mix of outrageous mechanical prowess and classic hot rod attitude. The car's straight and solid body, a complete outfit supplied by Dearborn Deuce, really comes to life under rich House Of Kolor Kandy Wine and PPG Orion Silver 2-stage. At the front of that pigment, color-keyed frame rails center a polished spreader between a polished grille, modern, polished headlights and small, polished parking lamps. Behind that grille, a clam shell hood fronts a stainless-trimmed windshield, which reflects a glass backlite under a cloth top that folds entirely in to the car's body. Beneath that glass, a striped and pinstriped profile centers shaved doors under elegant mirrors. And at the back of that profile, a shaved decklid shades LED taillights and polished stainless exhaust tips.
Enact this roadster's custom hood hinges and you'll find 431 cubic inches of Ford FE V8. Overbored, rebuilt and fully polished, that buff center oiler twists beefy 10 to 1 compression into 428 horsepower and 485 lb./ft. of torque. At the top of the mill, a color-keyed air cleaner feeds a chrome Edelbrock 4-barrel that's tethered between a braided fuel line and a lightweight aluminum intake. At the sides of that carb, low riser heads hang 86cc combustion chambers between color-keyed valve covers, forged TRW pistons and a Comp flat-tappet cam. At the front of those heads, an aftermarket distributor sequences spark between an MSD Blaster 2 coil and thick MSD Super Conductor plug wires. Beneath those wires, coated Sanderson block huggers cage a chrome starter. In front of those tubes, billet pulleys spin a polished alternator opposite a coated AC compressor. And an aluminum radiator keeps everything cool with the help of a polished expansion tank, a chrome cooling fan and a snazzy “V8” branded cap.
The edgy motor twists torque through a Green Dot C4 to a Speedway Engineering Super Max quick change that's finished with 3.70 gears and a posi-traction differential. Those mechanicals ride on a boxed TCI chassis that, extended 4 inches, rolls a polished Mustang II front-clip in front of a polished 4-bar rear-clip. Modern rack-and-pinion steering leads polished Wilwood calipers, which clamp 11-inch drilled and slotted rotors. At the center of the floor, coated exhaust funnels a deep roar through polished Dynomax mufflers. And power meets the pavement thanks to polished Bonspeed Deltas, which spin 225/45ZR17 BF Goodrich g-Force T/As in front of 265/50R20 BF Goodrich g-Force T/As.
Inside this premium roadster, leather and ostrich hides, installed by Rapids Upholstery of Sauk Rapids, Minnesota, complement tasteful House Of Kolor pigment. A broad Wise Guys bench rides piped carpet that frames custom pedals and a familiar Lokar shifter. In front of that throne, a custom dash hangs Classic Instruments American Muscle telemetry above Vintage Air climate control and buttons for modern power windows. And in front of the driver, a polished steering wheel spins a leather-wrapped rim around a tilting Ididit column.
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* Build photos
* Build receipts
* Component literature
* Dyno results
* A Grand National Roadster Show Official Souvenir Program
* Extra paint
* Tools for the car's accessories
* A set of wheel covers
* All the car's awards
* Two keys complete with fobs
Fully sorted and ready to turn your dreams into reality, this awesome custom carries the kind of cool swagger every car builder dreams about. If you're looking for a striking show queen that's an absolute blast to own, come claim this impressive Ford!
You May Also Be Interested In
1964 1/2 Ford
Mustang Pace Car$1,099,000
What Customers Are Saying
After hearing good things about the people at RK Motors, I contacted them regarding consignment of my street rod. I found Tony Klein to be a pleasure to work with. He was very professional and forthcoming in our communications. He evaluated my vehicle and made suggestions of enhancements which would help ensure the desired result would be achieved in the marketing of the vehicle. We agreed on an acceptable sale price. Following the completion of the recommended items, I brought the vehicle to RK for consignment. After a thorough inspection and correction of some minor issues at what I considered a fair price, the vehicle was offered for sale. It sold quickly with me receiving the agreed value. I would have to repeat the recommendation that I received. RK Motors does what they say they will do, and obtains for the seller a fair and agreed value. What more could you ask for?Doug C.