Award Winning Camaro Custom 355 V8 8-stack OD Auto PS AC Leather Upholstery
- The beneficiary of a professional restoration that was completed in 2011
- Winner of multiple national awards / Featured in multiple publications
- 355 cubic inch Chevrolet V8 / 500 horsepower
- 4L60E 4-speed automatic transmission / Currie 9-inch rear axle / Modified suspension
- Vintage Air conditioning
- Custom leather interior / Modern audio
- House Of Kolor Tangelo Pearl paint / Billet Specialties Bonneville G wheels
- Power steering
- 4-wheel disc brakes
- Sale includes: Build receipts / The car's awards / Copies of the car's features
The Camaro's legacy of universal appeal has given fans and aficionados the parts and inspiration to create many unique and outrageous hot rods. Take this award-winning pro-tourer for example. Funneling 500 horses of small block fury through a modern automatic transmission, this tastefully modified Chevy turns a traditionally appealing platform into an off-the-charts super star!
Professionally restored by Harbor Auto Restorations of Rockledge, Florida, this Camaro combines the blue-collar brawn of Motor City muscle with the world-class swagger of SoCal style. Unlike less sophisticated metal, which wears simple shades of traditional pigment, this trick F-Body sports glossy House Of Kolor Tangelo Pearl that manifests as gold-tinged orange. At the front of that glow, a customized grille hangs trick, dual-mode headlights above a tucked bumper and requisite D80 chin spoiler. At the top of that grille, a shaved header panel fronts a familiar Cowl Induction Hood, which reflects a filled cowl and modern, stainless-trimmed glass. At the sides of that glass, trick mirrors cap a sculpted profile, which plants traditional door handles between filled marker lamps. And at the back of the car, a seamless window filler flows in to a shaved decklid, which shades billet taillights, a billet fuel filler, a seamless roll pan and a second tucked bumper.
Toss the hand-fabricated hood and you'll find 355 cubic inches of Chevrolet small block that twists a solid 500 horsepower into 460 lb./ft. of tire melting torque. At the top of that balanced and blueprinted mill, bright Inglese stacks drop wind in to polished Edelbrock heads. Behind those heads, an MSD Pro-Billet distributor bounces spark through loomed Taylor Spiro Pro plug wires. Beneath those wires, coated shorty headers make quick work of spent gases. Between those tubes, a Comp hydraulic roller cam bumps Comp hydraulic roller lifters. At the front of that cam, Billet Specialties Tru Trac components spin a polished water pump between a polished Powermaster alternator and a coated AC compressor. And in front of those ancillaries, a color-keyed radiator spans a polished cap, a body-matched support cover and two electric puller fans. Speaking of body-matched, the body-matched engine bay is very pleasing, mixing a smooth firewall and polished Fesler hood supports with Fesler fender bars and House Of Kolor block skin. And details, like braided fluid lines, a Wilwood master cylinder, an Aeromotive pressure gauge, and polished and dressed valve covers, are well planned and well executed.
Behind the thundering powerplant, a smooth 700R4 4-speed twists torque to a polished Currie 9-inch. That road-ready drivetrain rides a lightly modified suspension, which follows modern coil-over-shocks with Heidts tubular control arms and massaged leaf springs. That chassis rests thanks to polished calipers, which utilize braided Earl's lines to clamp a quartet of drilled and slotted rotors. Power-assisted steering, finished with an AGR quick-ratio gearbox, greatly improves drivability. Spent gases escape through 2.5-inch pipes, which trace dual-chamber Flowmaster mufflers. And at the corners, Billet Specialties Bonneville Gs twist 205/50R17 Goodyear Eagle RS-As in front of 275/45R20 Goodyear Eagle GTIIs.
Installed by Steve Holcomb of Knoxville's Pro Auto Custom Interiors, this neo F1's comfortable cockpit is a masterful blend of both form and function. Traditional bench and bucket seats, the latter sourced from Nissan, sport Autumn Brown leather under rivet accents. Between those thrones, a custom, full-length console balances a short Lokar shifter in front of hidden Sony audio. At the front of that console, a custom dash frames Classic Instruments All American telemetry above Vintage Air climate control. And in front of the driver, a polished and half-wrapped steering wheel laps a tilting Ididit column.
* Goodguys Pick: Flowmaster American Thunder
* Awarded Best of the Best at the 2012 Palm Beach Super Chevy show
* Earned Platinum Certification at the Eckler's Chevy Classics Club 20th Annual Winter National
* Featured in the May 2015 edition of Street Rodder Magazine
* Featured in the December 2011 edition of NSRA's StreetScene Magazine
* Featured in the October 2011 edition of NSRA's StreetScene Magazine
* Featured in the first edition of Street Rod Life Magazine
* Featured on the cover of issue 221 of Mike Kelly's Cruise News Magazine
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* Build receipts
* Component literature
* Eckler's judging sheets
* The car's awards
* Copies of the car's features
* A programmer for the car's electronic fuel injection
Sporting a tough motor, plush upholstery and smooth aesthetics, this killer pro-tourer is an attractive, well-done custom. If you're in the market for some no excuses metal that offers an unbeatable combination of style and performance, here's your next classic!
* The beneficiary of a professional restoration that was completed in 2011
* Winner of multiple national awards / Featured in multiple publications
* 355 cubic inch Chevrolet V8 / 500 horsepower
* 4L60E 4-speed automatic transmission / Currie 9-inch rear axle / Modified suspension
* Vintage Air conditioning
* Custom leather interior / Modern audio
* House Of Kolor Tangelo Pearl paint / Billet Specialties Bonneville G wheels
* Power steering
* 4-wheel disc brakes
* Sale includes: Build receipts / The car's awards / Copies of the car's features
You May Also Be Interested In
What Customers Are Saying
RK Motors, in my opinion, is the best place to find and buy your high quality dream car or next toy. Their inventory is full of high quality automobiles painstakingly preserved or restored the correct way at very fair prices. I throughly enjoy my automobiles purchased for RK Motors and my friendship with them. I would highly recommend them to anyone as i have to all of my friend, acquaintances and folks who have asked me for recommendations and advice.Mitchell W.