Frame up restored GTO Convertible w/Factory AC 400/335hp V8 Auto PS PB
- Fully documented classic that's believed to have logged only 22,762 miles
- Correct 400 cubic inch Pontiac V8
- Correct Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed automatic transmission
- Correct Signet Gold paint / Correct Black vinyl top
- Correct Black vinyl bucket seat interior
- Correct factory air conditioning
- Correct optional power steering
- Correct optional power drum brakes
- Sale includes: An original assembly line document / Pontiac Historic Services documentation
- Sale includes: Modern service records / A Title history that spans 2005 to 2017
In the collector car market, authenticity commands big respect. Nearly every major club grades on how correct restorations are, and the price of largely original metal continues to climb. After all, the factory only bolts it together once, and that brand of perfection is usually the state in which enthusiasts create their fondest memories. This awesome GTO mixes that golden feeling of authenticity with a regiment of selective restoration. Not only is it an ultra-clean example of one of the coolest muscle cars to ever leave Detroit, it's a correct, numbers-matching gem that's believed to have logged only 22,762 miles. Looking for a choice classic to bolster your collection? Want a sweet drop-top to enjoy on sunny summer weekends? Here's your fully documented ticket to the glorious, octane-fueled past!
Believed to have logged only 569 miles per year, this factory-air convertible has benefitted from select restoration that included a 2004 repaint. Naturally, that versatile 2-stage embodies a rich coat of correct Signet Gold pigment, which reflects a correct Black top. And, as is the case with most well-preserved classics, trim and ornamentation are exactly as the factory specified. At the front of this Pontiac's body, a flashy dual-port grille founds ornate parking lamps and a prominent “GTO” emblem between a mirrored bumper and stacked T3 headlights. At the top of the car, a broad hood centers a small scoop and monochromatic arrowhead in front of fresh glass that's framed in straight stainless and cleared by matte wipers. At the sides of the car, flowing pinstripes and sporty GTO emblems add a little class, while traditional door handles and polished mirrors perfectly complement requisite wheel lips and ornate rocker moldings. And out back, a stainless-trimmed valance hangs louvered taillights between and a fourth “GTO” emblem and a second bumper that's finished with clear reverse lamps.
Under the hood, 400 cubic inches of correct Pontiac power hides a familiar 9786133 casting number and March ( C ) 21st (21) 1967 (7) casting date behind a correct “YS” assembly stamp. At the top of that Turquoise mill, a familiar Rochester carburetor bridges the gap between a polished air cleaner, bright stainless fluid lines and a correct, cast iron intake. That intake rides between correct heads, which hang a polished AC breather over attractive, polished valve covers. A familiar points distributor jolts spark through familiar AC Delco Packard TVR Suppression cables. Cooling is provided by a shrouded Harrison radiator, which sends water around a traditional fan via pliable GM hoses and reproduction tower clamps. Charge comes courtesy of a tagged Delco battery. Charred dinosaurs float through old school exhaust manifolds. And, aesthetically, the car's impressive engine bay has been very well-maintained, from its smooth fenders and matted hood all the way to its Frigidaire AC compressor and Delco-Remy voltage regulator.
The stout powerplant spins torque through a Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed, which hangs a correct “67 PS” assembly tag in front of a trusty 10-bolt axle. At the sides of that rock-solid drivetrain, aluminized pipes connect the aforementioned manifolds with brash Magnaflow mufflers. Correct optional power steering plays well with correct, optional power drum brakes. And muscle meets the pavement through fully dressed Rally Is, which spin 235/70R15 BF Goodrich Silvertown Radial redlines around stainless trim rings and factory center caps.
Open this Poncho's doors and you'll find a correct Black interior that's been restored as needed. Front and center, correct bench and bucket seats balance correct vinyl hides between correct deluxe seatbelts and big Kenwood speakers. Those hides look great behind a wood-trimmed dash, which anchors standard telemetry above two forms of modern audio. On the floors, fresh carpet and GTO-themed floor mats center a small Hurst shifter on a classy, wood-trimmed console. And the driver tames the road through a satin-spoke steering wheel that's finished with a green Pontiac inlay.
Here's a detailed breakdown of this classic's VIN and Cowl Tag:
* 2: Pontiac Motor Division
* 42: GTO
* 67: Convertible
* 7: 1967 model year
* K: Assembled in Kansas City, Missouri
* 102858: Production Sequence Number
* 09C: Assembled during the third ( C ) week of September (09)
* 8094: Job Number
* 67: 1967 model year
* 24267: Pontiac (2) GTO (42) Convertible (67)
* KAN: Assembled in Kansas City, Missouri
* 62: Fisher Body number
* 223-B: Black vinyl interior that's complete with bucket seats
* G-2: Signet Gold (G) paint that's capped with a Black (2) vinyl top
* Group 1
* -- E: Tinted glass
* Group 2
* -- E: Air conditioning
* -- Z: Turbo-Hydramatic 400 transmission
* -- G: Console
* Group 5
* -- Y: Deluxe seatbelts
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* An original assembly line document
* An original Owner's Manual
* Original Folding Top Instructions
* A Title history that spans 2005 to 2017
* Modern service records
* Pontiac Historic Services documentation
* A reproduction Window Sticker
* A correct radio
All-original cars are great, but classics like this super clean GTO allow enthusiasts to have their cake and eat it too. Combining choice restoration with the best attributes of the assembly line, this Pontiac is a solid collectible that compliments value with fun. Ready to relive the golden age of Detroit in a muscle car you can actually enjoy? Check out this awesome goat!
* Fully documented classic that's believed to have logged only 22,762 miles
* Correct 400 cubic inch Pontiac V8
* Correct Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed automatic transmission
* Correct Signet Gold paint / Correct Black vinyl top
* Correct Black vinyl bucket seat interior
* Correct factory air conditioning
* Correct optional power steering
* Correct optional power drum brakes
* Sale includes: An original assembly line document / Pontiac Historic Services documentation
* Sale includes: Modern service records / A Title history that spans 2005 to 2017
You May Also Be Interested In
Firebird Trans Am SE$179,900
Firebird Trans Am$99,900
What Customers Are Saying
I have the unique experience of buying and also selling a car from RK Motors.
It is very difficult and risky to evaluate a car on-line. I have heard many stories about people buying on-line and the cars did not turn out as advertised. This is where RK Motors works very hard to represent their cars as accurately as possible. They also do a great job of marketing their cars.
Their pictures give you the ability to look at details on any part of the cars you feel necessary. They are also willing to answer any questions you have as accurately as possible. They removed the all the doubt for me to purchase one of their cars.
I visited their showroom which is filled with high-level cars. Their sales staff were very professional and answered as many questions as they could for me.
When I decided to sell my car, I called RK and ask them how we could do this. They were very helpful and lead me step by step through this process. The thing that impressed me most was even though I purchased the car from them, they would not take my word on the quality of the car. Only after they did their evaluation were we able to finalize our deal. They took all new pictures and did a great job of marketing my car. They were able to sell my car quickly and kept me well informed through the entire process. We answered any questions the new owner had hopefully he will enjoy his car as much as I did.
I would highly recommend RK Motors to anyone buying or selling their cars.