F100 Panel Truck
Ground Up Built F100 Panel Truck Restomod 547ci/570hp V8 6spd Martz Chassis AC
- The beneficiary of an 8-year, $250K restoration that was completed in May of 2012
- Winner of multiple national awards / Featured in multiple publications
- 547 cubic inch Ford Racing stroker motor / Dual-quad induction
- Richmond 6-speed manual transmission / Hydraulic clutch
- Vintage Air conditioning
- Custom Italian Leather interior
- Winters 9-inch rear axle / Moser 4.30 gears
- Custom stainless chassis / Martz suspension / RideTech air ride
- Power rack-and-pinion steering / 4-wheel power disc brakes
- Original Henry Ford body / PPG Mercedes Silver paint / 17-inch American Racing Torq Thrust II wheels
When it comes to 'old school cool', it doesn't get much better than a tricked-out panel truck. Comfortably accommodating two passengers, and boasting the uncommon ability to haul anything from a box of chocolates to a rhino, these fabled workhorses combine the best characteristics of a flashy coupe with the straight up utility of a commercial truck. And, in ultimate homage to golden age Detroit design, they seem to ALWAYS look great! The idea of turning one of these innately cool cars into a sweet custom is really nothing new. However, in the world of modern street rodding, components and build quality are the defining characteristics that separate the trophy winners from the twenty footers. Wrapping clean Italian Leather and an incredible 547/6-speed powertrain in lust worthy aesthetics, this impressive Ford is one of the nicest street rods on the market. Looking for a unique way to enjoy 570 horsepower? Looking for a unique canvas that'll get the word out about your business? Looking for a unique head turner that mixes timeless style with killer performance? Look no further!
Beginning life as trusted livery for a florist, this solid panel has served three stewards throughout its decades of existence. The current steward, the same guy who sank $250K in to a ground-up restoration, initially located the truck in a church parking lot. At the seasoned age of 13, he began meeting its second owner every Sunday to discuss a sell. Three years later, conversation turned into offers, $250 changed hands and the panel was driven until 1971, when it had racked up 139K miles. Well-worn but completely rust-free, the Ford was stashed in dry storage until money could be allotted for a complete restoration. And in May of 2012, this dipped, stripped and sealed Effie rolled out of Emmitsburg Maryland's His Place Auto Repair wearing silky Mercedes Silver 2-stage over original Henry Ford steel. Detailing starts with a smoothed, tucked and contoured bumper, which frames a Wimbledon White grille, clear parking lamps and hooded, chrome-trimmed headlights. At the top of that grille, a domed hood anchors 54 louvers in front of a tinted greenhouse and chrome-capped wipers. At the base of that glass, polished mirrors reflect guarded locks, traditional handles, a motorized cowl vent and smoothed running boards. And at the back of the truck, polished taillights illuminate a third polished handle, a third guarded lock, a flush fuel filler, and a second smoothed, tucked and contoured bumper.
If you're going to tilt this Ford's hood, be ready to grab you're jaw. No need to feel embarrassed, it's just that 547 cubic inches of Ford Racing stroker motor tends to have that effect on enthusiasts. That 570 horsepower beast's 595 lb./ft. of torque begins when polished air cleaners float wind in to 750 cfm Quick Fuel carburetors. Those coated carbs, fed through stainless lines and a small Auto Gage pressure gauge, flood a tall Weiand intake that's threaded to hot aluminum heads which are capped in billet breathers and powdercoated valve covers. In front of those breathers, a traditional points distributor shoots spark through loomed Accel Ferro-Spiral Race Wires. In front of those wires, powdercoated Thunderbird pulleys spin a polished alternator opposite a polished AC compressor. In front of those ancillaries, a custom Wizard Cooling radiator wears four SPAL cooling fans. Spent gases float through custom, Jet-Hot-coated headers. And, despite being a thoroughly oversized piece, the powdercoated mill looks right at home in the truck's Wimbledon White engine compartment.
The bottom of this panel is no less impressive. A custom stainless chassis traces solid floors that, during the truck's restoration, were converted to full steel and tailored to mini tubs. At the center of those pans, a tough Richmond 6-speed, shrouded in a powdercoated Lakewood Blowproof Bellhousing, makes excellent use of a 2-stage hydraulic clutch. That proven gearbox twists a custom, hooped driveshaft, which spins a polished Winters 9-inch that's finished with Moser 4.30 gears and trusty Moser axles. That road-ready pumpkin drives a polished Martz suspension, which is fitted with RideTech air bags that allow five inches of travel. Turns come courtesy of a polished, power-assisted Thunderbird steering rack. Solid stops occur when a polished brake booster jolts polished SSBC calipers, which squeeze 12-inch drilled and slotted rotors. Custom, 3.5-inch exhaust funnels spent gases through coated pipes, an X-shaped crossover, polished tips and, as long as you don't engage the truck's electronic cutouts, custom, coated mufflers. And all that premium hardware rolls on American Racing Torq Thrust IIs, which spin 255/50R17 Falken Ziex radials in front of 285/60R17 Falken Ziex radials.
There's no shortage of street rods with custom interiors, but a truck this cool always stands out. Installed by Main Street Upholstery of Frederick, Maryland, the cockpit starts with chopped, sandblasted and leather-lined seats that were sourced from a 1964 Ford Thunderbird. Opposite those thrones, a custom dash founds Vintage Air climate control beside clean Auto Meter telemetry that's hooded to matched the truck's headlights. The driver navigates the strip through a small Lecarra wheel, which spins between a tilt steering column and custom Hurst shifter. And everything's framed in plush Italian leather that's punctuated by modern power windows.
* 1 of 11 trucks picked for unveiling at the 34th Annual F100 Supernationals
* Best In Class at the 34th Annual F100 Supernationals
* Street Trucks Magazine Editor's Choice Award at the 34th Annual F100 Supernationals
* Photos of the truck's chassis were featured in the July 2008 edition of Hotrod and Restoration Magazine
* Featured in the November 2012 edition of Street Truck Magazine
* Featured in the November 2012 edition of Classic Trucks Magazine
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION
* A vintage Operator's Manual
* An original Service Policy
* An original Odometer Mileage Statement
* An original Temporary Registration Permit
* Photos taken prior to the truck's build
* Build photos
* Build receipts
* A specs list
* Component literature
* Copies of all the truck's magazine features
At the end of the day, you really can't ask for a cooler street rod. Sporting a solid body, clean paint, custom leather and a killer drivetrain, this sweet Ford literally has it all! Looking for a high-profile head turner with serious performance and unbeatable appeal? Your search is officially over!
* The beneficiary of an 8-year, $250K restoration that was completed in May of 2012
* Winner of multiple national awards / Featured in multiple publications
* 547 cubic inch Ford Racing stroker motor / Dual-quad induction
* Richmond 6-speed manual transmission / Hydraulic clutch
* Vintage Air conditioning
* Custom Italian Leather interior
* Winters 9-inch rear axle / Moser 4.30 gears
* Custom stainless chassis / Martz suspension / Power rack-and-pinion steering
* 4-wheel power disc brakes
* Original Henry Ford body / PPG Mercedes Silver paint / 17-inch American Racing Torq Thrust II wheels
You May Also Be Interested In
Galaxie 500 XL$99,900
F100 Pickup Truck$89,900
F100 Pickup Truck$79,900
What Customers Are Saying
RK Motors, in my opinion, is the best place to find and buy your high quality dream car or next toy. Their inventory is full of high quality automobiles painstakingly preserved or restored the correct way at very fair prices. I throughly enjoy my automobiles purchased for RK Motors and my friendship with them. I would highly recommend them to anyone as i have to all of my friend, acquaintances and folks who have asked me for recommendations and advice.Mitchell W.