- Supercharged 6.2 liter LS3 V8 that produces 580 horsepower and 510 lb./ft. of torque
- 6-speed automatic transmission that's complete with factory paddle shifters
- Four wheel independent suspension that's complete with traction control and magnetic selective ride control
- Speed sensitive power rack and pinion steering
- Power four wheel disc brake system that's complete with upfitted Z06 hardware and factory ABS
- Callaway "Double D" stainless exhaust system
- 18 inch front and 19 inch rear HRE 890R wheels
- Black exterior paint that highlights custom-fitted ZR1 fenders, a custom-fitted Z06 front fascia and a Callaway C16 power bulge hood
- Titanium leather inteior that's complete with Chevrolet's 3LT preferred equipment group
- 0-60 in 3.5 seconds
From boulevard cruising to road course bruising, it's hard to find a better all-around performer than a new Corvette. And now that Chevrolet has firmly established the car as a global tour de force, owners and tuners alike are constantly looking for ways to take their rides to the next level. A few years ago, someone had the great idea of combining a highly optioned C6 drop-top with custom-fitted body panels and Callaway's 580 horsepower supercharged V8. Today, that creation sits as this fully-sorted Corvette 580 SC which packs superb performance in a comfortable and luxurious car that can be driven every day. If you're in the market for an awesome car that can hold its own on the show field or the drag strip, take a look at this fearsome Corvette!
This rare Callaway super car began life as a blank-sheet convertible that was custom ordered by its original owner in Virginia. Its factory window sticker, which is included with the sale, lists the following options and standard equipment.
* 6.2 liter LS3 V8 which produces 430 horsepower
* 6-speed manual transmission
* Active Handling
* Traction control system
* 4-wheel independent suspension
* Speed sensitive power rack and pinion steering
* Limited slip differential
* 5-spoke aluminum wheels
* Extended mobility tires with a built in tire pressure monitor system
* Oil life monitoring system
* Front and side impact airbags with a built in passenger sensing system
* OnStar capability
* Keyless access that's complete with push button start
* Theft deterrent system that's complete with an alarm
* 4-wheel disc anti-lock brake system
* Power heated outside mirrors with driver auto-dimming feature
* Full folding top with heated rear window glass
* Xenon high intensity discharge headlamps
* Fog lamps
* Daytime running lamps
* AM/FM stereo that's complete with a CD player, an MP3 jack, a radio data system and XM satellite capability
* Automatic dual zone air conditioning
* Carpeted floor mats
* Auto-dimming rearview mirror that comes complete with a compass
* Driver information center
* Cruise control that comes complete with a resume function
* Intermittent windshield wipers
* Sport bucket seats that are covered in perforated leather surfaces
* 6-way power adjustable driver and front passenger seats
* Leather-wrapped steering wheel
* Power door locks and power windows
* Electric rear window defroster
* Remote trunk and fuel door release
* Parcel net
* 3LT preferred equipment group ($5,100)
* --- AM/FM stereo that's complete with a 6-disc CD changer and a Bose 7-speaker sound system
* --- Head-up display
* --- Power telescoping steering wheel
* --- Heated seats
* --- Memory package
* --- Universal home remote
* --- Steering wheel radio controls
* --- Power convertible top
* Magnetic selective ride control ($1,995)
* --- Driver selectable Tour and Sport settings
* --- Larger cross-drilled brake rotors
* Forged aluminum and chrome wheels ($1,850)
* AM/FM stereo, CD player, DVD-based navigation system ($1,750)
* 6-speed paddle shift automatic transmission ($1,250)
* Two-tone seats which include embroidery ($695)
* 2.73 rear axle ($395)
* Tires ($00)
* Black cloth top ($00)
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE: $54,575
TOTAL OPTIONS: $13,035
DESTINATION CHARGE: $850
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE: $68,460
Completely optioned by Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg, Maryland, and now fully assembled by GM's Bowling Green, Kentucky manufacturing facility, this hot drop-top hopped a truck directly to Callaway Performance in Old Lyme, Connecticut where it received the following upgrades:
* Polished Eaton supercharger
* Liquid to air intercooler
* Upgraded fuel system that includes high flow injectors
* Callaway body-matched injector covers
* Callaway “Double-D” stainless steel exhaust system
* Callaway “Honker” cold air inlet system
* Callaway C16 hood that comes complete with a contrasting power bulge and 'Supercharged' insignias
* Callaway badges and authenticity documentation
* Callaway rear decklid spoiler
TOTAL UPGRADES: $19,295
With less than 2,300 miles on its bright digital odometer, this razor-sharp Callaway 580 SC is a well-maintained garage queen that's assembly line perfect in virtually every way. Its traditional black urethane, which is accented by a bright silver hood stripe, shows just how far GM paint technology has come from the days of multi-colored 1970s Stingrays. And the car's lightweight body displays precise fit and excellent finish under ancillary hardware that functions well and seals great. By the looks of this Corvette's slick body, I'm fairly certain it has never seen daily driver duty. It's very unlikely the car's glossy, wet-look hue has ever felt anything more aggressive than a soft detailing cloth. And when that level of ownership is combined with Callaway's world class performance, and Chevrolet's top notch build quality, it creates one seriously capable sports car that'll show with the finest classics and absolutely blister the road!
Visually, Chevrolet's sixth generation Corvette is one of the cleanest and most balanced shapes ever introduced. And this C6 convertible's many custom upgrades add just the right details to give it REAL street presence! At the front of the car's composite body, a Z06 fascia centers a chrome Chevrolet cross flag emblem between mesh-style air intakes, HID headlights and subtle air splitters. At the top of its body a Callaway C16 hood, which is fitted with bold “SUPERCHARGED” scripts, slides air past a “CALLAWAY” branded windshield to a factory cloth top and an optional Callaway decklid spoiler. At the sides of the car custom fitted ZR1 fenders, which are complete with chrome mesh-filled air extractors and two more chrome “CALLAWAY” scripts, frame vertical rise doors and anodized Callaway sill plates. And at the back of the car, traditional round tail lights frame a second Chevrolet cross flag emblem, a third chrome “CALLAWAY” script and a chrome-trimmed air splitter that's complete with both factory reverse lamps and Callaway's famed “Double D” stainless exhaust system. This 580 SC isn't some generic Corvette that's had a few whimsical parts bolted on; it was built from day one to be an OEM-quality conversion which mixes the best attributes of Chevrolet performance with unbeatable drop-top fun.
Lift the car's sculpted fiberglass hood and you'll find GM's world-class Generation IV LS3 V8 which utilizes a cast aluminum block, high flow aluminum heads, a high flow intake manifold, an aggressive camshaft and an upgraded electronic fuel injection system to turn 6.2 liters of combustion into an SAE certified 430 horsepower and 424 lb./ft. of torque. The award-winning mill is a thrilling companion for any car guy who has a pulse; and Callaway's numerous tweaks are a constant reminder that it doesn't take much to coax scary power out of Chevrolet's tried and true overhead valve technology. Naturally, a polished Eaton roots-style supercharger is the engine's biggest visual and auditory attention getter. But there are also many other upgrades including Callaway's “Honker” air intake, a liquid to air intercooler and a beefier fuel injection system that help bring the car's output to a grand total of 580 horsepower and 510 lb./ft. of torque! As you would expect, this Corvette's engine is tidy and clean all the way from its body-matched, “CALLAWAY” emblazoned injector covers to its factory oil pan. And the best thing is, thanks to Callaway's internal bypass valve, the spry small block has the mild characteristics and fuel economy of a stock LS3 as long as you don't engage the supercharger's boost.
For the most part Corvettes have always been great track cars, and this slick 2008 ragtop benefits from both years of engineering prowess and a few tricks learned by Chevrolet's own C5R Le Mans race team. The car's wide fiberglass fenders cover a fully adjustable four wheel independent suspension that's fitted with magnetic selective ride control, speed sensitive power steering, factory traction control and power four wheel disc brakes which wrap Z06 hardware in mandatory anti-lock software. At the center of the floor a 6-speed automatic transaxle, which is hooked to a factory limited slip differential and mild 2.73 gears, makes quick work of the hot small block's big torque. At the sides of that stellar drivetrain, Callaway's “Double D” stainless exhaust provides a thrilling soundtrack. And at the corners of that rowdy exhaust system, a sweet set of HRE 890Rs twist super sticky 275/35ZR18 front and 325/30ZR19 rear Michelin Pilot Sports around chrome Corvette cross-flag center caps. All this state-of-the-art equipment enables exceptional cornering capability and effortless 3.5 second 0-60 sprints. And since this pristine coupe has likely never seen inclement weather, you can rest assured all its under car components are just as the factory left them.
It's obvious that, throughout the evolution of the C6, designers have paid close attention to the constant belly-aching about the car's plain interior. And they've addressed most of the complaints with attractive packages like this coupe's two-tone Titanium cockpit. The plush driving environment kicks off with $695 heated, 6-way power adjustable leather buckets which are aggressive enough for spirited driving, yet comfortable enough for cross-country touring. At the front of the car, a leather-wrapped, satin-spoke steering wheel spins small paddle shifters around a textured C6 Corvette cross-flag logo and a tilt-telescoping steering column. Behind that wheel, a conservative dash hangs a bright Corvette-branded instrument panel between GM's optional Heads Up Display, a standard equipment driver information center and color-keyed Callaway floor mats. Inside that dash, the car's center stack anchors premium stitching and a weave trim panel around dual-zone climate control, a touch screen navigation system and custom installed Blue Tooth connectivity. At the sides of the car, two-tone door panels hang controls for the car's power windows, power door locks and outside memory mirrors above large Bose speakers. At the top of the car a self-dimming rearview mirror, which is complete with both a compass and GM's unmatched OnStar service, hangs below a Callaway warning sticker that's adhered to the passenger's side sun visor. At the back of the car, a surprisingly spacious cargo hold features an optional cargo net. And naturally, all the amenities and convenience features you've come to expect in a modern ride are present throughout including front and side impact air bags, keyless entry with push button ignition and universal home remote.
The sale of this cool convertible includes an original dealer invoice, the original window sticker outlined above, an original owner's manual, a DVD and instruction manual for the car's navigation system, an instruction manual for the car's OnStar system, a folder of Callaway documents, receipts and paperwork for the car's service and upgrades, and a box of original door hinges.
With its killer V8, classic good looks and full roster of desirable options, there's no question this Callaway Corvette is both an instant collectable AND a serious threat. It's faster than pretty much anything on the road, it has excellent handling, and it even gets good gas mileage. If you're looking for a car that you can enjoy every chance you get, grab this unique C6 drop-top and transform your commute from a bore to an absolute blast!
This vehicle has been sold. Fill out the form below to be contacted by RK Motors when a similar vehicle is available!
$299.00 Dealer Administrative Charge is not included in advertised price. All prices and offers are before state, city and county tax, tag, title and license fees. Out of state buyers are responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title/registration fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered. Dealer not responsible for errors and omissions; all offers subject to change without notice, please confirm listings with dealer.