- 3.4 liter flat-6 that produces 295 horsepower
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Factory power steering
- Four wheel power disc brake system
- Original GT Silver Metallic paint
- Tan interior with Carbon Fiber accents
- Bose sound system
- One owner
- Female driven
If one car could be credited with kick starting Porsche's stint as the most profitable automaker in the world, the Boxster would be it. By mixing an unconventional body with familiar traits and proven performance, it welcomed a whole new group of followers to the Porsche family, and began the brand's transition from hardcore sports cars to SUVs and even sedans. In terms of relative size, price and performance, the original Boxster had no competition; and when Porsche decided to make a good thing better by adding their line-topping S model, it created the ownership experience of a lifetime! Logging a mere 18,875 miles, this one-owner Boxster S stunner combines a low mileage, rev-happy 6-cylinder with a whole roster of luxury and performance equipment. And in terms of power, condition, fun factor and flat out style, you simply won't find a more incredible car for the money!
As with most of our rarely driven sports cars, the sale of this Porsche includes a factory window sticker that breaks down as follows:
* 3.4 liter, horizontally opposed 6-cylinder that produces 295 horsepower and 252 lb./ft. of torque
* Water-cooled, alloy block and cylinder heads
* Integrated dry sump lubrication
* Dual overhead cams that operate four valves per cylinder
* VarioCam Plus variable valve timing
* 2-stage resonance induction system
* High performance exhaust manifolds
* Cylinder-specific anti-knock control
* 6-speed manual transmission that's complete with a dual mass flywheel
* McPherson strut suspension system
* Front and rear stabilizer bars
* Porsche Stability Management (PSM)
* Antilock braking system (ABS)
* Anti slip regulation (ASR)
* Engine drag torque control (EDTC)
* Active brake differential (ABD)
* 12.5 inch, vented front rotors that are clamped by 4-piston calipers
* 11.8 inch, vented rear rotors that are clamped by 4-piston calipers
* Brake pad wear indicators
* 8x18 front alloys that are wrapped in 235/40ZR18 tires
* 9x18 rear alloys that are wrapped in 265/40ZR18 tires
* Tire pressure monitoring (TPM)
* Hot-dipped body shell that's galvanized on both sides with high strength steel, boron steel safety structures and aluminum luggage lids
* Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP) including front airbags, thorax airbags in seats, and head airbags in seats. (six total)
* Seatbelt pre-tensioners and force limiters
* Roll-over bar made of stainless steel
* Exhaust system made of stainless steel
* 3-spoke, adjustable steering wheel
* Variable ratio power rack and pinion steering
* Tri-layer power convertible top
* Air conditioning
* Speed-activated rear spoiler
* Halogen headlights that are complete with a coming home feature
* Remote entry, alarm and interior surveillance
* Cruise control
* Three power sockets
* AM/FM/CD radio that's complete with seven loudspeakers and 180 watt Sound Package Plus
* Multi-function trip computer
* 16.9 gallon fuel tank
* GT Silver Metallic ($3,140)
* Black top ($00)
* Natural Leather Terracotta ($2,525)
* Adaptive sport seats ($2,695)
* Self-dimming mirrors and rain-sensing wipers ($690)
* PCM 2.1 with extended navigation ($3,110)
* Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package ($1,090)
* 19 inch Carrera S wheels ($1,550)
* Multi-function carbon steering wheel ($1,360)
* Porsche windstop ($375)
* Parking assist system ($530)
* PCM Telephone module ($960)
* Telephone module handset ($260)
* Bose High End Sound Package ($950)
* 6-disc CD changer ($650)
* Carbon package ($890)
* Chrome exhaust pipe ($340)
* Sport exhaust system ($2,100)
* Body-matched roll bar ($535)
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $55,700
TOTAL OPTIONS: $21,165
TOTAL EXCLUSIVE OPTIONS: $2,975
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE: $80,310
There's just something about a Porsche that conveys the perfect combination of world class performance and excellent driving dynamics; and this one-owner, female-driven Boxster, dressed in a slick coat of original GT Silver Metallic, puts a fresh twist on a traditional favorite. Refined enough to carry 007 on a crusade against terror, the car's pristine body has been meticulously pampered and protected since it rolled off Porsche's Uusikaupunki, Finland assembly line. Its professionally detailed surfaces are straight, solid and still possesses every bit of the drama and tension Lagaay's original design inspired. Its fit and finish are the typical high quality stuff you'd expect to find at any flagship German automaker. And today, only five years into its life, this awesome sports car is one of the nicest modern classics on the planet!
As the entry-level model for the current Porsche line up, the Boxster is essentially an approachable sports car that veils some of the brand's best engineering elements in unique trim pieces. And this showroom-fresh drop-top is definitely one of the nicest pre-owned Porsches we've ever seen! At the front of the car, a familiar stretched nose hangs a classic Porsche crest between 917-inspired HID headlights and an aggressive, showroom-fresh fascia. At the top of the car, pristine greenhouse glass is bordered by sculpted mirrors and capped by a black cloth roof. At the sides of the car, mandatory silver brake ducts blend right in to outboard fender ridges and slab-sided body panels. And at the back of the car, classy halogen tail lamps illuminate a “Boxster S” branded trunk and an aggressive rear fascia that's complete with center-outlet exhaust tips.
Naturally, the car's visual testosterone is backed up with plenty of power from the engine room. In this 987 Generation I guise, the top-of-the-line flat-6 grew to 3.4 liters and benefitted from significant upgrades that make it lighter, stronger, and freer spinning. That resulted in an increased output of 295 horsepower and 252 lb./ft. of torque. And thanks to careful retuning of the mill's intake manifold and exhaust system, the car sounds fiercer than ever. All those tweaks and improvements resulted in a lightweight roadster that's capable of brisk 5.1 second 60 MPH sprints and a quarter-mile time of 13.4 seconds. The substantial updates provide torque throughout the RPM range, creating a very drivable car anywhere from Saturday track days to rush hour commutes. The high tech mill, widely regarded as one of the world's best powertrains, features a great combination of race-proven technology and traditional smoothness. And, based on appearance, the silky engine has been meticulously maintained and carefully driven. This is definitely a have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too vehicle!
As one of the automakers that pioneered nimble rear engine, rear wheel drive powertrains, Porsche has been generally praised for their exceptionally athletic platforms. Take one look underneath this svelte Boxster and you'll see just how much work went into its Nurburgring-proven engineering. The car's fully independent suspension has been augmented by stiffer rear springs, larger anti-roll bars and Porsche's own Stability Management system. At the back of the car, power flows from the smooth motor to a traditional 6-speed transmission. At the corners of the car, giant, cross-drilled brakes, which benefit from mandatory brake-assist and brake pre-fill systems, ride behind original 19 inch wheels and 235/35 front and 265/35 rear Bridgestone Potenza meats. The bottom of this basically new Porsche looks spectacular and probably hasn't been touched for anything other than basic maintenance. And you can drive the car with the confidence of knowing that there aren't any hidden surprises waiting for you down the road!
Inside this slick drop-top, it's all about a symbiotic relationship between cutting edge European performance and traditional 'old world' luxury. At the center of the car, adaptive sport seats, which are trimmed in attractive aluminum, show hardly any wear at all. Between those seats, a conservative center stack frames a Bose high end sound system that's complete with Bluetooth, navigation and Porsche handset. At the base of that center stack, like-new carpet, which is protected by thick, “PORSCHE” branded floor mats, anchors a color-keyed console, an aluminum-trimmed shifter and a carbon fiber-trimmed emergency brake between satin-finished sills. Above those sills, tight-fitting door panels cap four great sounding Bose speakers with bright silver handles. In front of the driver, a handsome, carbon fiber-trimmed steering wheel spins bright accents around a colorful Porsche crest. Behind the passenger's, a fully integrated windscreen funnels wind onto a fresh and exceptionally roomy trunk. And throughout this leather-lined cockpit you'll find the usual assortment of luxury appointments and convenience features including: variable climate control, a full array of airbags and full power accessories.
The sale of this welterweight roadster includes the factory window sticker outlined above, an official certificate of authenticity, an original owner's manual, a few pieces of factory literature, the car's original 30 day tag, a Porsche-branded bag, a front license plate holder and a few miscellaneous accessory components.
Highly civilized and extremely potent, this clean Boxster is a no-compromises exercise in high-end German performance. Still luxurious where it matters, with serious performance upgrades underneath, it offers virtually limitless performance without degrading ride quality or driver comfort. If you're looking for a modern classic that's reliable, streetable and poised to become a future collectible, this silky silver Porsche is your kind of car!
This vehicle has been sold. Fill out the form below to be contacted by RK Motors when a similar vehicle is available!
$299.00 Dealer Administrative Charge is not included in advertised price. All prices and offers are before state, city and county tax, tag, title and license fees. Out of state buyers are responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title/registration fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered. Dealer not responsible for errors and omissions; all offers subject to change without notice, please confirm listings with dealer.