At RK Motors Charlotte, we want to make owning your favorite collector car as simple and carefree as possible. That’s why we’ve partnered with Classic Vehicle Protection to offer a comprehensive service contract that’ll keep you on the road and protect your new investment. Covering major components including the car’s engine, transmission, rear end, electrical, brakes, front suspension, steering, and fuel delivery, Classic Vehicle Protection helps fulfill our mission to provide the best classics money can buy.
About Classic Vehicle Protection
Classic Vehicle Protection is provided through Servicegaurd; a BBB Accredited business which offers the ultimate coverage against the rising cost of mechanical repairs. This is available from selected dealers and approved lending institutions for a wide range of makes and models.
All components/items listed in the categories below are covered by this plan, subject to the conditions and exceptions of the plan. Components/items not listed below are not covered.
All internally lubricated parts, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mounts, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds without internal catalytic converter (broken or deteriorated manifold studs are not covered). Cylinder block, cylinder block barrels, cylinder heads, valve covers and timing cover, only if damaged as a result of a covered failure of an above listed component.
AUTOMATIC OR STANDARD TRANSMISSION
All internally lubricated parts, torque converter, transmission mounts. Transmission/transfer case, only if damaged as a result of a covered FAILURE of an above listed component.
DRIVE AXLE ASSEMBLY
All internally lubricated parts, drive axles, wheel bearings, rear axle seals, inner axle differential seal, pinion seal, c.v. joints, locking hubs. Drive axle housing, only if damaged as a result of a covered failure of an above listed component.
Master cylinder, power brake unit, wheel cylinders, hydraulic lines and fittings, disc brake calipers, combination valve, factory installed ABS system (including electronic control processor), wheel speed sensors, pressure modulator valve, dump valve, accumulator.
Upper and lower control arms, control arm shafts and bearings or bushings, upper and lower ball joints, king pins and bushings, spindle and spindle support, wheel bearings, strut bearing and plate assembly, radius arm and bushings, torsion bars and mounts or bushings, stabilizer bar links and bushings, steering knuckle and hub assembly.
All internal lubricated parts contained within steering box and rack and pinion component, power steering pump, power cylinder assembly, steering knuckle, idler arm and relay rod, control valve, power steering hoses, pitman arm, tie rod ends, upper and lower steering column shafts and couplings, internal tilt-wheel mechanism.
Alternator, voltage regulator, starter motor, windshield and rear mounted wiper motors, manually operated switches, electronic ignition module, starter relay, electronic ignition control box, engine compartment wiring harness, computerized timing control unit, crank angle sensor, knock sensor, ignition switch, ignition lock cylinder, washer pump and switch, stop lamp switch, headlight switch, turn signal switch, heater/AC blower speed switch, blower motor, horns, cruise control module, power control module, power window motor, power mirror motor, power antenna motor/mast assembly, convertible top motor, power sunroof motor, power window switch, cruise control engagement switch, power seat switch, power mirror motor switch, rear defogger switch, power door lock actuator and switch.
Electric and mechanical fuel pump, fuel injection pump and injectors, vacuum pump, fuel tank, fuel tank sending unit, metal fuel delivery lines, fuel pump relay.
No Deductible applies to the following: Emergency Road Service 1-866-330-0760
“U” (Your Contract Number on the top right corner of the Application is Your Member ID): 24-hour emergency road service is provided through Nation Motor Club, LLC. dba Nation Safe Drivers, administrative offices at 800 Yamato Road, Suite 100, Boca Raton, FL 33431.
For Alabama, Alaska, Utah and Virginia members, services are provided by Nation Safe Drivers Services, Inc. For California members, services are provided by Nation Motor Club, LLC., California Motor Club Permit Number 5157-3 administrative offices at 800 Yamato Road, Suite 100, Boca Raton, FL 33431.
Emergency Road Service is available when Your Vehicle is disabled as long as this Agreement is in effect. Note: One paid benefit per 72-hours.
Services obtained through any other source are not covered and are not reimbursable. In the event Nation Motor Club, LLC. is unable to locate service, you may contract for such services and send your original receipted expenses to Nation Motor Club, LLC. for reimbursement consideration. Reimbursements are strictly limited to $50.00.
EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE consists of:
Changing of a flat tire with an inflated spare.
Attempting to start a Vehicle with a booster battery.
Delivery of emergency supplies of gasoline, oil or water and other accessories and supplies as may be required and available. Requested fluids or materials being delivered will be paid for by the customer.
When Your Vehicle is disabled, it will be hooked up and towed up to twenty-five (25) miles to a destination of Your choice at no out of pocket expense to You.
If keys are locked inside Your Vehicle, a locksmith will be dispatched to assist You in gaining entry to Your locked Vehicle’s passenger compartment only.
YOUR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE MEMBER ID NUMBER IS THE SAME AS YOUR CONTRACT NUMBER.
EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE WILL BE ADMINISTERED BY NATION MOTOR CLUB, LLC DBA NATION SAFE DRIVERS 800 YAMATO ROAD, SUITE 100, BOCA RATON, FLORIDA 33431
We agree, in the event of a covered failure, to furnish or reimburse you for expense actually incurred for substitute transportation up to $40.00 For each eight hours of factory flat rate labor time (or portion thereof) allowed for the covered repair but not to exceed $200.00 Per repair visit. Coverage excludes time waiting for or locating parts.
In the event a covered failure occurs more than 100 miles from your home and results in an authorized repair facility keeping your vehicle overnight, we will reimburse you for receipted motel and restaurant expenses up to $75.00 Per day for a maximum of 3 days (total benefit per occurrence of $225.00) No deductible applies to this benefit.
The purchaser must pay the deductible, as specified on the application, plus any applicable state sales tax for each covered repair visit. There is no deductible for rental car or towing coverage.
To maintain coverage under this esc, you must have your vehicle serviced annually or at 3000 mile intervals whichever comes first starting at the mileage on the date of sale. The required service must be performed within 30 days or 250 miles of the mileage limits specified. Proof of maintenance service must be presented to the repair facility to have any claims honored. Maintenance service may be performed by any qualified service outlet.
Exclusions/What is not covered
- Repairs or replacements not authorized by ssi.
- Repairs or replacements of motor vehicle components which were not operating properly in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications at the time of the sale of your vehicle.
- Engine blocks and/or cylinder heads unless damaged as a result of covered failure of an internally lubricated part. Any oil consumption, loss of compression, cylinder wear, cracked, broken or worn piston rings. Any failure caused by any gasket or seal failure which results in loss of lubricant or lubricant contamination.
- Any failure which occurs from or is caused by nitrous oxide, dual turbochargers and turbocharged/supercharged combinations, or your vehicle having been fitted with snowplow equipment or fittings or being used for plowing snow
- Any failure that either occurs during a warranty period (regardless of whether the warranty is honored), covered by insurance or a manufacturer’s warranty or recall program, except in the event of additional rights of recovery acquired by you subsequent to any payments made to you pursuant to the esc. We shall be subrogated to all your rights of recovery against any person and you shall do whatever is necessary to secure such rights.
- If the odometer has been tampered with, altered, disconnected, or not maintained in working order.
- Any failure caused by (i) abnormal wear and use; (ii) failure to service the vehicle as recommended by the manufacturer or as required by this esc; (iii) overheating, regardless of the cause of overheating or resulting from inadequate amounts of coolant, lubricants or fluids; (iv) competitive driving or racing; (v) pulling a trailer with a gross vehicle weight in excess of 1,500 pounds unless the vehicle is equipped as recommended by the manufacturer; (vi) accidental loss or damage, collision or upset, falling objects, fire, theft, larceny, explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, flood, freezing, vandalism, riot or civil commotion, or force majeure, or (vii) OWNER OR DRIVER NEGLIGENCE OR MISUSE, INCLUDING OPERATION OF THE VEHICLE AFTER THE FAILURE OF ANY PART, THE NORMAL OPERATION OF WHICH IS REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN SAFE ENGINE OPERATION TEMPERATURES.
- The cost of diagnosis, inspection, teardown or disassembly, reassembly, fluids, lubricants or filters, if the inspection determines that the malfunction was not caused by the failure of a component/part covered by this contract.
- Any of the following parts: carburetor, battery, safety restraint systems (including air bags), glass, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, led, fuses & circuit breakers. Exhaust and emission systems, tires and wheels or rims, body or glass alignments, convertible tops and straps, water leaks, nuts, bolts, fasteners, exclusions/what is not covered 8 specimen fittings and retrofitting.
- Maintenance services and parts including, but not limited to, engine tuneups, distributor cap and rotor, service adjustments and cleaning, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, fluids filters, lubricants, engine coolant, drive belts, hoses, wiper blades, brake pads, shoes rotors or drums.
- Shop supplies or materials charges, road service (other than towing) or storage charges.
- If the vehicle is used for commercial, rental or delivery purposes.
- Losses resulting from delays or failures caused by force majeure, labor strikes or other causes beyond the control of the issuing dealer, loss of time, inconvenience or loss of use of the vehicle. Any type of physical damage.
- Covered parts which a repair facility may recommend replacing, but which have not experienced a mechanical failure as defined in the definitions section of this booklet.
- Damage to covered components caused by or resulting from the failure of a non-covered component or to damage to non-covered components caused by or resulting from the failure of a covered component. Any component not specifically named in the list of components which have coverage consideration are excluded from coverage.
- Repairs or replacements made outside the contiguous forty-eight united states or canada or if a vehicle is registered outside the contiguous forty-eight states.
- A failure caused by contamination of fluids, fuels, coolants or lubricants or resulting from rust, corrosion, carbon, varnish, engine sludge, foreign material or damaged c.V. Boots.
- Claims during the 60 day and 250 mile waiting period from the date of sale and odometer reading on the application.
- PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS
- PURCHASER’S RESPONSIBILITY
- LIMIT OF OBLIGOR LIABILITY
- LIMITATION ON LOSS OR DAMAGE
- REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT PARTS
- REPAIR FACILITY
This esc does not apply to any part or repair or replacement thereof while covered by a manufacturer’s warranty or recall program. Time and mileage coverage may overlap on some used vehicles.
All components of your vehicle must be operating properly when you apply for this esc in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications to qualify for coverage under this esc.
TO MAINTAIN COVERAGE UNDER THIS ESC, YOU MUST FOLLOW THE SERVICE REQUIREMENTS OF THE MANUFACTURER OF YOUR VEHICLE AND OF THIS ESC. MAINTENANCE SERVICE MAY BE PERFORMED BY ANY QUALIFIED SERVICE OUTLET. PROOF OF MAINTENANCE SERVICE MAY BE REQUIRED BY SSI TO HAVE CLAIMS AUTHORIZED.
Repairs under this esc must be performed by the issuing dealer, or if approved in advance, by an authorized repair facility. Payment for services to other than the issuing dealer will not exceed the amount customarily paid the the issuing dealer.
Our limit of liability is the cost to repair or replace any covered failure. However, our liability for the total of all covered repairs will not exceed $20,000 in the aggregate. Our liability is further limited to the lesser of the actual cash value or the purchase price of your vehicle at the time of repair.
Neither the issuing dealer, nor the administrator may be liable for incidental or consequential loss or damage arising from a loss of use, a loss of time or a loss of profit or income to the purchaser.
There is no liability for damage to property or injury to or death of any person arising from the operation, maintenance or use of your vehicle, whether or not related to the parts covered by the esc.
Any covered failed part will be replaced with a part of like kind and quality including but not limited to non-original Manufacturer’s parts. This decision shall be made at the sole discretion of SSI. SSI is under no obligation to replace parts that are not available in OEM, rebuilt, remanufactured or reproduction form.
The decision to repair or replace covered components/parts shall be made at the sole discretion of ssi. In the event of any dispute between ssi and the repair facility, ssi shall have the right to take possession of and remove your vehicle to a repair facility of ssi’s choice.
If we pay for a loss, we may require you to assign us your rights of recovery against others. We will not pay for a loss if you impair these rights. Your rights to recover from others may not be waived.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this ESC or the breach thereof shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by the Better Business Bureau. Venue for such arbitration shall be in Cleveland, Ohio. Each party shall bear its reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses incurred in connection with the arbitration. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitration panel may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. To the extent the foregoing does not conform to the state arbitration requirements in the state where the ESC was sold, the foregoing shall be modified to conform to that state’s arbitration requirements.