National Award Winning Sedan Delivery 502 V8 700R4 PS A/C Ride Tech Disc Brakes
- 502 cubic inch GM Performance Parts V8
- GM 700R4 4-speed automatic transmission
- Dutchman 9-inch rear axle / Auburn posi-traction differential / 3.55 gears
- Custom Ridetech-equipped suspension
- Power steering / 4-wheel power disc brakes
- 18 and 19-inch Budnik Cannon wheels
- Tastefully modified body / Custom DuPont Chroma Premier paint
- Custom Leather interior / Vintage Air conditioning / Custom Autosound audio
- Winner of multiple national awards
- Sale includes restoration photos, restoration receipts and a detailed breakdown of the car's componentry
* Restoration completed in 2010
* 502 cubic inch GM Performance Parts V8
* GM 700R4 4-speed automatic transmission
* Custom Leather interior / Vintage Air conditioning / Custom Autosound audio
* Tastefully modified body / Custom DuPont Chroma Premier paint
* Winner of multiple national awards
* Sale includes restoration photos, restoration receipts and a detailed breakdown of the car's componentry
* Custom Ridetech-equipped suspension / Power steering / 4-wheel power disc brakes
* Dutchman 9-inch rear axle / Auburn posi-traction differential / 3.55 gears
* 18 and 19-inch Budnik Cannon wheels
If you follow our email blasts, you probably know all about "Ozzie & Harriet's mostly-original Chieftain":http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/active#!/1956-Pontiac-Chieftain/135038 that we featured a few weeks back. Sure, that's a really cool car, but what about enthusiasts who want a little less nostalgia and a lot more attitude? Well friends, fear not, because RK Motors Charlotte has something for you too! The beneficiary of a professional, frame-off restoration, this national award-winning Chevrolet Sedan Delivery is a fully sorted ambassador of swagger that you can invest in, drive around in and build some serious credibility in. Featuring an equal emphasis on both show and go, it seats a killer 502/700R4 drivetrain, fully custom suspension and supple leather trim in one of the most incredible hot rods we've ever seen! If you've been searching for a striking '50s showpiece, but want something that's more unique than a run-of-the-mill tri-five, this spectacular Chevy's excellent combination of vintage style and timeless class simply can't be beat!
The product of high quality restoration that was conducted by two body shops, this slick wagon features a lust worthy appearance that's ready to burn down the Manufacturers' Midway! The build began when Steve's Auto Restorations of Portland, Oregon replaced the car's factory lead and sealed everything in a thick coat of protective primer. With a solid foundation laid, Steve Cooley Motors of Homosassa, Florida followed subtle modification with a custom combination of Corvette LeMans Blue and Cadillac Sand Effect DuPont Chroma Premier 2-stage. And today, countless hours and over six-figures later, this Chevy rolls as a lights-out show car that's been deservedly fawned over by some of the biggest names in the business.
As a classic car owner, you really can't go wrong with any '50s Chevy. But for many people, the division's '57 model essentially perfected the art. Take a look at this gorgeous wagon and you'll see no less than 22 one-of-a-kind details that walk a fine aesthetic line between the timeless look of factory fodder and the radical, sometimes cheeky appearance of fiberglass recreations. At the front of the car, a recessed grille bar floats between modern headlamps, a filled bumper and a shaved and flattened hood. At the back of that hood, stainless-framed glass rides between modified drip rails, shaved vent windows, polished mirrors and Chevy 150 door trim. Beneath that trim, shaved doors perfectly align Chevy 150 side spears with shaved fenders and smooth-leaded quarters that are capped with Chevy 210 2-door wagon stainless. And at the back of the car, a shaved tailgate hangs between filled pan seams, flush-fit taillights and a bright chrome bumper.
As young car guys, most of us are taught that talking the talk means we'd better walk the walk. And when it comes to talking the talk, this sedan's inability to shut up can be directly attributed to the walking ability afforded by its 502 cubic inch GM Performance Parts big block. Twisting stout 9.75 to 1 compression into roughly 550 horsepower, the car's show-detailed mill is a logical testament to the old rule: more cubic inches equals more horsepower. A perfect air/fuel mixture is supplied by a K&N-toothed Billet Specialties air cleaner and 780cfm Quick Fuel carburetion. That dynamic duo rides on a ported and coated Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake, which is bolted between ported and coated Chevrolet heads. Those heads hang polished and color-keyed valve covers over Crower roller rockers, custom Comp pushrods and high quality Crane lifters. Those lifters are tapped by a Crane cam, which is sequenced to loomed Taylor plug wires and an MSD Pro-Billet distributor. Spent gases roar through large exhaust pipes via custom William's headers. At the front of those headers, a familiar Vintage Air FrontRunner system spins a polished Stewart water pump between a Tuff Stuff alternator, a Sanden AC compressor and a Detroit Speed power steering pump. And that water pump feeds a beefy Griffin radiator that's wedged between Flex-a-lite puller fans and a Be Cool condenser. Visually, the Energy-mounted block rides in a smoothed and massaged engine bay that displays OEM-level attentiveness to both engineering and assembly. And details like Billet Specialties breathers, Billet Specialties hose clamps, a Billet Specialties water neck, ARP bolts, Fel-Pro gaskets and a Moroso dipstick create a clean and purposeful aesthetic.
Take a look under this tire-shredding courier and you'll find a custom, Luxo-Blue chassis that's ready for the strip or the turntable. Behind the big engine, a GM 700R4 4-speed spins between a high performance ProTorque torque converter and Coleman aluminum driveshaft. That driveshaft twists a proven Dutchman 9-inch that rocks an Auburn posi-traction differential around 3.55 gears and 31-spline axles. Those gears push the car on a trick Ridetech 4-link that's fitted with adjustable Ridetech air shocks. Opposite that 4-link, a Kimbridge Enterprises sub-frame makes good use of Belltech drop spindles, Global West control arms, a Flaming River quick-ratio steering box and two more adjustable Ridetech air shocks. At the corners of that modern suspension, hydroboosted Baer calipers bridge the gap between an SSBC master cylinder, and drilled and slotted rotors. Charred dinosaurs float from the aforementioned headers to 2.5-inch, mandrel-bent pipes that employ an X-shaped crossover and polished Magnaflow mufflers. And power meets the pavement through attractive Budnik Cannons, which spin 245/40ZR18 Falken FK452s in front of 255/40ZR19 Falken FK452s.
Pop the shaved doors and you'll find a substantially tweaked interior that was installed by Great 8 guru Dale Van Curen's Unlimited Designs. Front and center, '67 GTO buckets wrap bright stainless trim around creamy Doe hides. In front of those seats, a chrome-lined dash hangs a rebuilt clock, Vintage Air climate control and a Custom Autosound head unit beside traditional Classic Instruments gauges. At the edges of that dash, custom side panels anchor billet door handles between modern power windows, LeMans Blue frames and tasteful stainless trim. At the bottom of those panels, custom Doe carpet balances a custom, Chip Foose-autographed console between billet foot pedals and Dynamat sound insulation. In front of the driver, a custom Quality Restorations steering wheel spins a stylish “One Fifty” script around a color-keyed, tilting column. And behind the passengers, a custom-upholstered storage area features almost enough room for one season's plunder of trophies.
According to this sedan's owner, the car has been awarded the following features and accolades:
* Featured in the Goodguys Gazette
* Featured in the February, 2014 edition of Super Chevy Magazine
* Featured on Horsepower TV's My Classic Car
* Featured on REV TV
* Awarded Chip Foose's Select Pick at the 2010 Chip Foose Braselton Bash in Braselton, Georgia
* Awarded “The Cup” at the 2010 ISCA World of Wheels competition in Atlanta, Georgia
* Awarded Pro's Pick at the 2010 NSRA Southeast Street Rod Nationals in Tampa, Florida
* Awarded Builder's Choice at the 2010 Goodguys Southeast Nationals in Charlotte, North Carolina
* Awarded Best of Show at the 2010 National Parts Depot All-GM Show in Silver Springs, Florida
* Awarded Best Chevy at the 2010 National Parts Depot All-GM Show in Silver Springs, Florida
* Awarded Best Big Car '49-'58 at the 2010 National Parts Depot All-GM Show in Silver Springs, Florida
* Awarded 998 out of 1000 points at the 2011 Eckler's Classic Chevy Show in Kissimmee, Florida
* Awarded Best of Show at the 2012 National Parts Depot All-GM Show in Silver Springs, Florida
* Awarded Best Chevy at the 2012 National Parts Depot All-GM Show in Silver Springs, Florida
* Awarded Best Big Car '49-'58 at the 2012 National Parts Depot All-GM Show in Silver Springs, Florida
* Awarded Gold Class at the 2012 Super Chevy Show in Palm Beach, Florida
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* Vintage photos of the car
* Restoration photos
* Restoration receipts
* Component manuals
* An itemized breakdown of the car's modifications and mechanical components
* A maintenance log
* An extra set of keys
* Two key fobs
* A pair of polished stainless wipers
From the show to the strip, this impressive Chevy will stun even the harshest critics. It's a highly desirable 'tri-five' that's been carefully modified into one of the most incredible award-winners on the planet. If you've been dreaming of the perfect blend of lavish '50s class and cutting-edge style, wake up! It's time to claim your car.
You May Also Be Interested In
Chevelle Super Sport$67,900
Corvette Sting Ray$89,900
What Customers Are Saying
First I would like to say that the staff at RK Motors were very professional and courteous. I was very impressed with the write-up and the details that were presented on this car. The photo shoot was amazing and the video was outstanding. Tony Klein, the consignment manager was amazing to work with. Tony always answered all of my questions within a timely manner. I was impressed with the time frame in which my vehicle was sold. I would and have recommended RK Motors to all of my car enthusiasts. Thank You RK Motors for a great job!