507 Actual Mile Two Owner Viper RT/10 8.0L Viper V10 400 HP 6 Speed Survivor
- Original Viper V10 / 400 horsepower
- Original 6-speed manual transmission
- Factory limited-slip differential / 3.07 gears
- Factory power rack-and-pinion steering
- Factory power disc brakes
- 17-inch directional wheels / Original Michelin tires
- Viper Red paint
- Factory-optioned air conditioning
- 507 actual mile 2-owner survivor
- Our sale includes the car's original window sticker and cockpit cover
* This Viper is a 507 actual mile 2-owner survivor
* Original Viper V10 / 400 horsepower
* Original 6-speed manual transmission
* Factory-optioned air conditioning
* Our sale includes the car's original window sticker and cockpit cover
* Original Michelin tires
* Factory limited-slip differential / 3.07 gears
* Factory power rack-and-pinion steering
* Factory power disc brakes
The mighty Viper needs no introduction. Over the top since day one, America's most dramatic sports car has ALWAYS been about excess and performance above all else. In 1992, after three years of successfully teasing the public with a variety of prototypes, Dodge introduced the brutal RT/10 Roadster – an offering that upped the super car ante by virtue of classic good looks and raw, Detroit-style muscle. And today, there's STILL nothing on the road that can compare to a Viper in terms of sheer audaciousness. With only 507 miles on its bright orange odometer, this super clean snake is a showroom-fresh piece of modern MoPar history. If you're a fan of style, speed, track capability or flat-out wicked performance, here's an opportunity to put the 'you' in 'ultimate sports car'!
The best part about buying a vintage Viper, the car that single-handedly reignited its parent brand's legendary performance legacy, is the understanding that you're scoring an elite level of both performance and history. This Dodge wears a slick, garaged body that's been limited to less than 1K miles of sunny day road use. That body was factory-equipped with wet looking, and predictably named, Viper Red two-stage. That two-stage is a highly desirable option which, with factory provenance, definitely plays to the new owner's advantage. And predictably, everything adds up to a showroom-fresh sports car that's free of any notable flaws.
The fire-breathing mill rumbling under this car's trick hood needs no introduction. Displacing a massive 8.0 liters and turning stout 9.1 to 1 compression into 400 horsepower and 465 lb./ft. of torque, this 488 cubic inch beast is one of the most outrageous powerplants ever bolted between two fenders. Dodge designers knew their coveted big block would be the car's focal point, so they went out of their way to dress things up with some Bright Red paint and menacing Viper scripts. And, honestly, the resulting display is so impressive that I'm surprised the MoPar guys didn't install a Lexan window, a la C6 ZR1. Naturally, this roadster's V10 is absolutely immaculate, from its dual throttle bodies all the way down to its aluminum oil pan, tubular stainless exhaust manifolds and regularly refreshed fluids. And everything around the block appears showroom-fresh, presenting as clean as the day the car rolled out of Chrysler's Detroit 'snake pit'.
Under this drop-top, a spotless chassis cradles a Borg Warner T56 6-speed, which spins power to a tough Dana 44 limited-slip differential and interstate-happy, 3.07 gears. That impressive drivetrain hangs in a tubular space frame, which employs power rack-and-pinion steering and an unequal-length independent suspension. At the center of the car, massive exhaust tubes flow into rowdy side-pipes. At the corners of the car, power-assisted, 4-piston calipers clinch large, vented rotors. And all this thoroughbred hardware rolls on clean 17-inch wheels and ORIGINAL 275/40 front and 335/35 rear Michelin XGTZ speed-rated directional radials. That's right; this Viper's former owners were so schooled in self-control that its factory-equipped tires still display plenty of tread life!
Like the classics that inspired it, this Viper's simple interior puts the emphasis on performance and usability. Front-and-center, comfy seats wrap textured leather around molds that are designed to keep occupants in place during spirited driving. At the center of the car, an industrial console anchors a short shifter between a leather-wrapped emergency brake and factory-spec, premium cassette player. Below that console, thick, Viper-branded floor mats protect like-new carpet. At the front of that carpet, white-faced gauges keep an eye on the big engine's vitals. And in front of the driver, an aftermarket-look steering wheel spins a brilliant, Viper-branded horn button around a tilting column.
According to this slick RT/10's original window sticker, it was originally delivered to Chuck Dzak Motors in Braidwood, Illinois with the following standard and optional equipment:
* Tubular space frame that's complete with a center spine structure
* Side-mounted stainless steel dual exhaust system
* Composite body panels that are laced with fiber-reinforced skin
* 4-wheel independent suspension
* -- Unequal-length control arms
* -- Coil-over-shock design
* -- Double-acting gas shocks
* Limited-slip differential
* Power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering
* Energy absorbing tilt steering column
* Power-assisted 4-wheel vented disc brakes
* Directional aluminum wheels
* 275/40ZR17 front and 335/35ZR17 rear XGTZ speed-rated directional tires
* Aero polyellipsoid halogen headlamps
* Fog lamps that are equipped with removable lense covers
* Bold graphic, white-faced analog gauges
* -- 180 MPH speedometer
* -- 7,000 RPM tachometer
* -- Oil pressure
* -- Voltage
* -- Coolant temperature
* -- Fuel level
* Center-zip tonneau cover
* Folding top that's complete with side curtains and a removable rear window
* Premium sound system
* Forward-hinged 1-piece clamshell hood
* 2-way manual seat adjusters which feature linear recline
* Customer Preferred Group
* -- 8.0 liter aluminum V10 that's equipped with sequential multipoint EFI ($00)
* -- Air conditioning ($1,200)
* -- Gas Guzzler Tax ($2,100)
BASE PRICE: $50,000
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT: $3,300
DESTINATION CHARGE: $700
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE: $54,000
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* The aforementioned window sticker
* An original Owner's Manual and related accessory booklets
* Miscellaneous service records
* Original license plate installation screws
* The aforementioned tonneau cover
If you haven't driven a Viper, prepare for a mind-altering experience! This RT/10 accelerates like an experimental rocket sled. Yet, despite the car's brute power, it's easy to drive, comfortable and relatively docile if you can manage to keep your right foot away from the floorboard. Rest assured, putting something like this in your garage is about the most fun you can have when it comes to four wheels!
You May Also Be Interested In
What Customers Are Saying
I have the unique experience of buying and also selling a car from RK Motors.
It is very difficult and risky to evaluate a car on-line. I have heard many stories about people buying on-line and the cars did not turn out as advertised. This is where RK Motors works very hard to represent their cars as accurately as possible. They also do a great job of marketing their cars.
Their pictures give you the ability to look at details on any part of the cars you feel necessary. They are also willing to answer any questions you have as accurately as possible. They removed the all the doubt for me to purchase one of their cars.
I visited their showroom which is filled with high-level cars. Their sales staff were very professional and answered as many questions as they could for me.
When I decided to sell my car, I called RK and ask them how we could do this. They were very helpful and lead me step by step through this process. The thing that impressed me most was even though I purchased the car from them, they would not take my word on the quality of the car. Only after they did their evaluation were we able to finalize our deal. They took all new pictures and did a great job of marketing my car. They were able to sell my car quickly and kept me well informed through the entire process. We answered any questions the new owner had hopefully he will enjoy his car as much as I did.
I would highly recommend RK Motors to anyone buying or selling their cars.