National Award Winning 3100 Pickup 502 V8 4 Speed Auto PS A/C Disc Brakes
- 502 cubic inch GM Performance Parts V8 / 502 horsepower
- Phoenix-built 700R4 4-speed automatic transmission / 2,500 RPM stall
- Currie 9-inch rear axle / Traction-Lok differential / Strange 3.73 gears
- Custom Fatman Fabrication chassis / Custom suspension / Ridetech ShockWave air ride
- Power rack-and-pinion steering / Wilwood 4-wheel power disc brakes / 17 and 18-inch Billet Specialties Riviera wheels
- Substantially customized all-steel body / Custom PPG paint / Custom pin stripes
- Custom leather and alligator interior / Vintage Air conditioning
- The beneficiary of a 9-year nut-and-bolt restoration that was completed in January of 2012
- Winner of multiple national awards / Awarded many features
- Sale includes: Restoration photos / Restoration receipts / A copy of the truck's Custom Classic Trucks cover feature
* The beneficiary of a 9-year nut-and-bolt restoration that was completed in January of 2012
* Winner of multiple national awards / Awarded many features
* 502 cubic inch GM Performance Parts V8 / 502 horsepower
* Phoenix-built 700R4 4-speed automatic transmission / 2,500 RPM stall
* Custom leather and alligator interior / Vintage Air conditioning
* Substantially customized all-steel body / Custom PPG paint / Custom pin stripes
* Custom Fatman Fabrication chassis / Custom suspension / Ridetech ShockWave air ride
* Power rack-and-pinion steering / Wilwood 4-wheel power disc brakes / 17 and 18-inch Billet Specialties Riviera wheels
* Currie 9-inch rear axle / Traction-Lok differential / Strange 3.73 gears
* Sale includes: Restoration photos / Restoration receipts / A copy of the truck's Custom Classic Trucks cover feature
Let's talk numbers for a minute. We'll begin with the number 1. As in: this 1954 Chevrolet 3100 is quite possibly the nicest, or '1 of' the nicest, pickups on the planet. Of course, a number that substantial has to have quite a few more numbers to back it up. So, how about 9? As in: 9 years' worth of restoration and customization. Next comes 6. As in: 6 figures worth of parts and materials for that restoration and customization. And last but certainly not least: 12. As in: the number of major features and accolades the truck has won in the four short years since that restoration and customization. Looking for a world-class showstopper that's above and beyond pretty much anything outside of vendor-sponsored corporate builds? Fix your gaze on this incredible custom Chevy!
Purchased as a solid driver, then lovingly reimagined by a knowledgeable PPG employee, this striking pickup was rehabilitated during a 6-figure, 9-year restoration that included an obsessive focus on details. In what amounted to a systematic, no-expense-spared rebuild, its solid body was completely stripped, hand-altered, layered in custom PPG Liquid Gold base and sealed in five coats of PPG High Performance Glamour clear. And today, the truck rolls as a game changing half-ton that's one-part lust and two parts envy!
If this Chevy is any indication, a concise knowledge of paint fosters an excellent sense of style. At the front of the truck, a custom, smoothed valance hangs a tucked, smoothed and fully chromed bumper beneath a smoothed and fully chromed grille that's flanked by custom billet parking lamps. Above those one-off LEDs, frenched halogen headlights lead re-shaped fenders that complement a peaked, 1-piece hood. Behind that hood, a filled and shaved cowl leads the eye to a smoked greenhouse, which plants 1-piece side glass beneath shaved drip rails and custom, 1-piece window moldings. At the base of those moldings, aligned, gapped and shaved doors hang simple mirrors over smoothed running boards that float on smoothed custom brackets. Those boards melt in to original fenders that balance a custom fuel door opposite smoothed and capped bedsides. Between those panels, gorgeous Oak planks float 12 coats of PPG clear, sanded and polished top and bottom, amid a bowtie-branded header, custom-covered skid strips and a smooth Center High Mount Stop Lamp. That lamp illuminates a smoothed, bowtie-branded tailgate, which hides hidden latches and custom billet supports above a customized Brothers Truck roll pan that features a widened tag pocket and frenched LED taillights. And, in addition to stainless hardware and high quality glares provided by Nashville, Tennessee's Advanced Plating, the truck features a full outfit of stylish pinstripes that were custom-painted by Pennsylvania's Lucky Strike Designs.
As young car guys, most of us are taught that 8 is definitely greater than 6. And when it comes to great 8s, it doesn't get much better than a GM Performance Parts ZZ502 big block. Twisting stout 9.6 to 1 compression into an advertised 502 horsepower, the truck's show-detailed mill is a logical testament to the old rule: more cubic inches equals more horsepower. The air/fuel mixture is supplied by a trio of finned O'Brien Truckers air cleaners and a trio of chromed and powder-coated Demon 2-barrels, which open thanks to a quality Lokar linkage. That dynamic duo rides on a polished Demon Six Shooter intake, which is bolted between polished aluminum heads. Those heads hang classy PML valve covers and a matching breather over stamped steel rockers, 2.25-inch intake valves and 1.88-inch exhaust valves. Those rockers are engaged by a hydraulic roller cam, which is sequenced to MSD 6AL ignition that's finished with a color-keyed billet distributor, a Pertronix Flame-Thrower coil and loomed MSD Street Fire plug wires. Spent gases roar through custom, 2-inch MotoFab headers that are bathed in QC Coatings High Gloss High Temp. At the front of those headers, a familiar Billet Specialties Truetrac system spins a polished Edelbrock water pump between a polished alternator, a polished AC compressor and modern power steering. And that water pump feeds a custom Griffin radiator that's wedged between a custom support, a custom shroud, a polished expansion tank and a thermostatically controlled SPAL puller fan. Visually, the fully smoothed block reflects PPG Liquid Metal skin inside a color-keyed, LED-lit bay that includes a custom firewall and custom inner fenders. And details like polished hood supports, Billet Specialties fluid reservoirs, trick bowtie bolts and a complete Aeromotive fuel system create an appealing yet purposeful appearance.
One peek under this sweet Chevrolet reveals some of the best work money can buy. First and foremost, a custom Fatman Fabrication chassis wraps smoothed and filled rails in PPG Gray Metallic Envirobase, sanded and polished clear, and a full roster of fasteners that are either hand-polished stainless or grade 8 chrome. Behind the 502, a Phoenix 700R4 4-speed, smoothed and bathed in PPG Liquid Metal, utilizes a 2,500 RPM stall to twist a custom Dynotech driveshaft. At the end of that driveshaft, a polished Currie 9-inch spins a proven Traction-Lok differential around Strange 3.73 gears. That fully dressed drivetrain pushes a polished 4-bar suspension, which features leveling Ridetech ShockWaves. Tracking is provided by a fully polished front-half, which centers power rack-and-pinion steering between two more Ridetech ShockWaves. Braking is equally class, with Wilwood 4-piston calipers utilizing custom, clearcoated lines to squeeze a quartet of 11-inch drilled and slotted rotors. The aforementioned headers dump spent gases in to a custom, 3-inch exhaust system, which wraps electric cutouts and Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers in a QC Coatings High Gloss High Temp sheen. There's an 18-gallon No Limit fuel tank, smoothed and body-matched, that cycles fossils through a 10 AN mainline and an 8 AN return. Power meets the pavement through Billet Specialties Rivieras, which twist 225/45ZR17 BF Goodrich Radial T/As in front of 255/45ZR18 BF Goodrich Radial T/As. And one quick look at our professional photography reveals the true craftsmanship of this truck's build, with items like custom wheel tubs, a custom compressor box, a polished master cylinder and fully hidden air and fluid lines highlighting incredible attention to detail.
Zap this pickup's custom bear claw door latches and you'll find a completely custom interior that was installed at The Trim Shop in Manitou Beach, Michigan. Front and center, a custom '59 Chevy dash founds Auto Meter Old Tyme telemetry and a mirrored Boese instrument panel above pushbutton ignition, controls for the truck's Ride Tech bags and controls for a Vintage Air climate system. Opposite that dash, a Glide Engineering seat stretches Light Almond leather under stylish alligator inserts and 3-point Juliano belts. Beneath that seat, quality Eastwood insulation anchors premium cut-pile carpet under Lokar pedals, a Lokar parking brake and a custom console that's centered on a tall Lokar shifter. At the edges of that carpet, tailored door panels front 1-piece power windows. At the top of those windows, a taut headliner backs a billet mirror and second small console. And the driver stays connected to the road through a tilting Ididit column and Lecarra Mark 10 steering wheel.
According to this Chevy's builder and current owner, the truck has amassed quite a collection of prestigious accolades.
* Best Truck in Show at the 2016 Cleveland Autorama in Cleveland, Ohio
* First Place Full Custom Pick Up at the 2016 Cleveland Autorama in Cleveland, Ohio
* Billet Specialties Pick at the 2013 Goodguys PPG Nationals in Columbus, Ohio
* Chevy Truck Pick at the 2013 Goodguys WIX Filters Speedway Nationals in Indianapolis, Indiana
* Best Truck in Show at the 2012 Detroit Autorama in Detroit, Michigan
* First Place Full Custom Pick Up at the 2012 Detroit Autorama in Detroit, Michigan
* Builders Choice at the 2012 Goodguys WIX Filters Speedway Nationals in Indianapolis, Indiana
* Goodguys Truck of the Year Finalist for 2012
* Featured on PPG Vibrance's 2014 metal sign
* Featured on the cover of the March, 2013 edition of Custom Classic Trucks Magazine
* Featured in the May-June, 2013 Summit Racing Catalog
* Merchandise Feature Vehicle at the Goodguys WIX Filters Speedway Nationals in Indianapolis, Indiana
OUR SALE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND ACCESSORIES
* Restoration photos
* Restoration receipts
* Component literature
* A copy of the truck's feature in the March, 2013 edition of Custom Classic Trucks Magazine
* A PPG Vibrance sign featuring the truck
It takes vision, time, skill, talent, dedication and a wheel barrel full of dollars to finish a vehicle of this caliber. But, at the end of the day, you have a classic that's nice enough to show, comfortable enough to drive and powerful enough to put a smile on your face. That said, why waste years of time and frustration creating a world-class custom when you can call RK Motors and drive off in instant gratification? Pick up the phone and start punching numbers!
You May Also Be Interested In
3100 Pickup Truck$94,900
3100 Pickup Truck$89,900
3100 Pickup Truck$49,900
3100 Pickup Truck$79,900
What Customers Are Saying
I have the unique experience of buying and also selling a car from RK Motors.
It is very difficult and risky to evaluate a car on-line. I have heard many stories about people buying on-line and the cars did not turn out as advertised. This is where RK Motors works very hard to represent their cars as accurately as possible. They also do a great job of marketing their cars.
Their pictures give you the ability to look at details on any part of the cars you feel necessary. They are also willing to answer any questions you have as accurately as possible. They removed the all the doubt for me to purchase one of their cars.
I visited their showroom which is filled with high-level cars. Their sales staff were very professional and answered as many questions as they could for me.
When I decided to sell my car, I called RK and ask them how we could do this. They were very helpful and lead me step by step through this process. The thing that impressed me most was even though I purchased the car from them, they would not take my word on the quality of the car. Only after they did their evaluation were we able to finalize our deal. They took all new pictures and did a great job of marketing my car. They were able to sell my car quickly and kept me well informed through the entire process. We answered any questions the new owner had hopefully he will enjoy his car as much as I did.
I would highly recommend RK Motors to anyone buying or selling their cars.